Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Greg Street recently (27-Nov-2013) announced he was leaving Blizzard Entertainment...
- "Ghostcrawler" redirects here. For the creature of the same name found in the Abyssal Depths, see Ghostcrawler (mob).
| Greg Street|
|Role||Lead Systems Designer|
|"This is a $%^$$%^ travesty. The game can never have too many crabs."|
- "I like long walks on the beach, drinking gin, and nerfing paladins." - Greg "Ghostcrawler" Street
Greg Street (alias Ghostcrawler) is the Lead Systems Designer for World of Warcraft. He describes his role as so, "Systems design specifically is everything that is not level, story, quest or encounter design. My team handles everything from classes to mechanics to items to trade skills to achievements to UI design, and that includes the game balance." His influence on the game is so pervasive that he is often the target of community wrath, but also very respected for the detailed explanations he gives for his decisions.
He co-hosts many BlizzCon World of Warcraft panels.
He earned a PhD in Marine Science from the University of Texas at Austin in 1996.
- As the lead systems designer for World of Warcraft®, Greg Street oversees roughly half of the World of Warcraft designers, including the class, item, profession, PvP, and encounter teams. His teams also design the user interface for the game and handle all of the number-crunching and balance fine-tuning that powers the game’s combat and gameplay systems.
- Greg blogs about World of Warcraft’s game systems and discusses a variety of gameplay topics on Twitter under the “Ghostcrawler” persona.
Leaving Blizzard announcement
- ^ Re: No crabs on Tourney Realm seriously? (2009-02-18). Retrieved on 2009-02-18.
- ^ WoW Forums. Retrieved on 2009-02-08.
- ^ InsideMacGames. Retrieved on 2009-02-09.
- ^ HeavenGames. Retrieved on 2009-02-08.
- ^ Linkedin.com. Retrieved on 2008-11-04.
- ^ BlizzCon 2013 US Press Kit included on USB flash drive given to press
- ^ BlizzCon 2013 Warlords of Draenor Press Kit