|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 4.0.1.
Greater Blessing of Sanctuary is a group buff that distributes Blessing of Sanctuary, reducing damage taken, increasing stamina and causing the target to recover mana on successful blocks, dodges and parries. It will buff multiple party or raid members of level 52 or higher at once.
Greater blessings follow these rules when cast:
- The spell target must be friendly, in line of sight, and in range of the caster.
- If the target is flagged PvP, the caster becomes flagged.
- The target gains the buff.
- Group buff splash - With some exceptions†, all characters in the target's party or raid that share his class and are within 100 yards of him also gain the buff. This effect is not limited by line of sight. As a result, the caster can buff people at triple the spell range.
† Characters will be excluded from the group buff splash if they are lower than the spell's trained level, or are flagged PvP when the caster is not.
Exclusion by PvP status disrupts raid preparation; typically, the raid will wait for flags to expire, or order the buffing classes to become flagged themselves.
- You can only train the Greater version of this Blessing if you have trained the 10-minute version first.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 3.3.0 (08-Dec-2009): Now also increases strength by 10% like the regular Blessing of Sanctuary has since Patch 3.2.2.
- Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): This talent and will now both be able to be cast on the same target without sometimes overwriting each other.
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): can now overwrite a Greater Blessing of Sanctuary that has less than 10 minutes duration remaining.
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Now only grants mana on dodge/parry/block. In addition, will only grant mana if that is the active power type of the friendly target (Bears and Cats won't gain mana).
Old, gain 10 rage, 20 runic power, or 2% of the maximum mana
- Patch 3.0.3 (04-Nov-2008): It is no longer possible to have both Blessing of Sanctuary and Greater Blessing of Sanctuary active on a target at the same time.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Blessing of Sanctuary was reduced to 1 rank, now reduces all damage taken by 3% and generates rage, mana or runic power when a parry/dodge/block occurs.
Old, 5 ranks. Last rank text was "Places a Blessing on the friendly target, reducing damage dealt from all sources by up to 80 for 10 min. In addition, when the target blocks a melee attack the attacker will take 46 Holy damage."
- Patch 2.1.0 (22-May-2007): The range on this spell was incorrectly set to 30 yards. It has been changed to 40 yards.
- Patch 1.9.0 (03-Jan-2006): Added.