|It is requested that a screenshot or screenshots be included in this article to improve its quality.|
- Normal: Players should run in together so that they're all inside the circle of vortexes when it first appears. Stay inside the circle until the vortexes contract, then stay outside. Don't touch individual vortexes. While vortexes are contracted, healer should use AE heals. Melee can, if careful, get close enough to continue meleeing Ertan during the contracted phase without getting knocked back, but risk getting hit by the vortexes when they expand out.
- Heroic: Same. The Lurking Tempests can basically be ignored.
- Lightning Bolt Blasts an enemy with lightning, inflicting Nature damage.
- Instead of melee attacks, Ertan will only use Lightning Bolt.
- When he is pulled, a ring of whirlwinds appear centered on him and with a radius of about 30 yards. Standing in the whirlwinds will cause damage, but the party should be inside the ring when they expand around Ertan.
- Standing outside the ring of whirlwinds will cause them to cast Lightning Bolt at you.
- About every 40 seconds, the ring retracts to cover the boss. Everyone must stay away until they expand again shortly after.
This boss serves as a sort of "gear check" for the group--primarily on the healer's int and overall healing. His AOE attack deals massive damage and covers the entire range of the playing field for the boss pull. The only damage that comes from the boss himself is AOE. Consequently, it is a good idea to have the dps stack up together so they can get AOE healing.
If your party is not very well geared--then you should stay together inside the boss' hitbox. Healers seem to find this easier than moving in and out constantly in terms of the damage the party takes. As well, it allows for easier AoE healing.
The best strategy that has been found is to keep on the boss when the shield collapses then when you are blown out of the shield stack up on the nearest person this helps reduce the damage a little. Repeat this every time. Also try to avoid the tornadoes as they will give you a debuff that slows your movement, casting, and melee speed by a lot.
- Filthy Beasts! Your presence in Skywall will not be tolerated