Goblin Bomb Dispenser is a trinket that will send out a bomb to attack the nearest enemy, like Mekgineer Thermaplugg does!
The recipe for this item is taught by the Goblin Engineering trainers.
BackgroundEditThis section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft RPG, and thus unlikely to be canon.
Hard as it may be to believe, some goblins actually don’t like blowing themselves up. The bomb dispenser was invented with these safety-first goblins in mind. The device consists of a multi-chambered miniature assembly plant stored within a large backpack. The bottom of this pack contains a hatch that can be opened and closed by pulling on control handles attached to the shoulder straps. Inside the container, all the parts for a self-actuating bomb wait for assembly, each kept separate from the others so that accidents never happen. Almost. Sometimes the deployed bomb explodes prior to moving.
To use the bomb dispenser, the wearer tugs on a control bar attached to the straps on his shoulder, automated equipment inside the bag gathers up the separated parts and assembles them into a small, mobile bomb. A beep warns the wearer that the bomb is now ready. He can then deploy it by pulling on a different strap, opening the trap door. If too much time passes without deployment, the bag’s safety measures take the bomb back apart. When the user releases the bomb, it drops to the ground between the user’s legs and charges on spindly legs directly towards the target ahead of the user’s present facing. The bomb doesn’t discriminate friend from foe, but charges straight ahead.
- The pet bomb will attack the nearest enemy it detects. If there are no enemies nearby, it will follow you like a pet for about one minute before dying.
- Although the description does not mention it, the explosion is an AoE effect with a radius of about 3-5 yards.
- Slight chance to malfunction on use, doing fire damage to the user.
- Like some other engineering pets, the pet bombs created are levelled equal to your engineering skill divided by 5. Apparently, their level does not affect the amount of damage they do.
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): The level of the Bombs dropped by the Goblin Bomb Dropper now scales with your engineering skill, so they will be always useful against enemies. Their damage and health has remained the same.