Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The recipe for this item is learned from a Gnomish Engineering Trainer.
- Make the user bigger (attack power +250)
- Make the user smaller (attack power -250)
- Make the target bigger (same effect as above)
- Make the user's entire party bigger
- Make the user's entire party smaller
- Make every attacking enemy bigger
- Make every attacking enemy smaller
- Give shield-wielding enemies "Improved Blocking" for 30 seconds (this shows no visible effect other than target is hit by the ray)
This item can affect a majority, if not *all* of the mobs in the game. It can be entertaining to see miniature raid bosses running around, but be careful, as you can grow them as well!
BackgroundEditThis section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft RPG, and thus unlikely to be canon.
Gnomes are small creatures, and as such they have to look up at members of most other races - even the dwarves with whom they now share the tunnels of Ironforge. Most gnomes can't help but be intimidated when facing a much larger human, orc, or worst of all tauren in hand-to-hand combat. The gnomish shrink ray is the result of years of searching for a way to bring such opponents down to their size. The device looks like a series of concentric plates mounted around a central tip, surrounded by coiled truesilver wires. At the device's core is a chaos generator, which projects a specialized beam through the tip when the trigger is pulled. A gnomish shrink ray is operated like a gun, but has no ammunition and projects a lightning-like ray. ( )