Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Gnomish Mind Control Cap
- Item Level
- Binds when equipped
- 50 Armor
- +14 Spirit
- Durability 45 / 45
- Requires Engineering (215)
- Use: Engage in mental combat with a humanoid target to try and control their mind. If all works well, you will control the mind of the target for 20 sec ..... Increased chance of failure when used against targets over level 60.
- Sell Price: 55 20
The Gnomish Mind Control Cap can allow an engineer to Mind Control an enemy. When triggered, it turns target humanoid or player into a combat pet. This pet will fight on your behalf for 20 seconds, or until dispelled. As a combat pet, you get the standard pet control bars with which to control it.
There are a few limitations on this item. If, as a hunter or warlock, you already have a pet summoned, you will get the message "you already have a creature summoned." It also cannot be used if the target is in combat, thus requiring that it be triggered before combat.
The cap may be used by engineers with a skill of 215 or higher. Gnome Engineering specialization is apparently not required to use this item.
Gnomish Mind Control Cap is crafted by engineers who have specialized in Gnomish Engineering, and have a minimum skill of 235.
- The effect is not same as Priests Mind Control, wich gives you complete power over the foe's actions.
- Engineers can also tinker Mind Amplification Dish to their hat, increasing stamina by 45 and gives them ability to use their curret hat the same way as Gnomish Mind Control Cap.
Possible malfunctions Edit
- Fails with no effect, but cooldown is trigged.
- User becomes mind controlled by target. However, if the Gnomish Mind Control Cap is used while in a shapeshift form (such as cat form), this effect does not trigger.
- Patch 1.8.0 (10-Oct-2005): Is now subject to diminishing returns in the Charm category.