LegionEditThis section concerns content exclusive to Legion.
The Gilneas Brigade plays a major role in the World of Warcraft: Legion. Now under the command of Genn Greymane, the King of Gilneas, the Gilneas Brigade consists an army of Worgen, Humans, and Dwarves who proudly follow their Worgen king to the Broken Isles and fight against the Burning Legion.
- Due to Gilneas' isolationist policy, it is possible that the Brigade was formed by Gilnean dissidents, and the pro-Alliance rebels lead by Darius Crowley. Although, how these men would have escaped the Greymane Wall is a mystery.
- It could also be that the members of the Brigade, were some of the villagers of Pyrewood, as new information suggests that Pyrewood was originally a Gilnean village. This could explain their existence, as Pyrewood was not isolated behind the Greymane Wall.
- As stated in the World of Warcraft game website Genn Greymane story Lord Darius Crowley sent troops to Jaina Proudmoore during the Third War which was called the Gilneas Brigade.
- Though it is called the Gilneas Brigade,most of its troops are Ironforge Dwarves.
- ^ Warcraft III - The Invasion of Kalimdor - Cry of the Warsong
- ^ World of Warcraft: Cataclysm - Features - Leaders of the Alliance: Genn Greymane. Official World of Warcraft: Cataclysm site , page 11. “Crowley had not accepted the wall with grace. He had defied Greymane and had even aided the Alliance during what was now known as the Third War by sending the "Gilneas Brigade" to Lady Jaina Proudmoore.”