Gidwin Goldbraids is a dwarf which can be found in the Eastern Plaguelands, near the caravan of his friend, . The first time you'll encounter with him, he will be trapped in spider webs, and you have to free him.
In the Eastern Plaguelands Edit
Gidwin is first trying to act tough, by telling he already killed 6 nerubians before he was caught, but when you count the bodies he admits it was only four. He was having a competition with his friend the elf. Later, when you step on board of Fiona's caravan, you hear the funny dialogue between the two. Gidwin and Tarenar are trying to become part of the Argent Crusade, and to do so, traveling to Light's Hope Chapel.
After the initiation quest, which they do alongside the player, they are finally the crusaders they always wanted to be. But, when they go on crusade, Tarenar won't take things seriously. For this reason, Gidwin leaves the player, and goes solo. He will get caught by the Scourge, and the player will have to save him. The player will meet with Tarenar, who will help him. After a short cinematic, Gidwin will be saved, and everything's back to normal. He can use the following paladin abilities:
Eastern Plaguelands quotes Edit
- Gidwin Goldbraids says: Did somebody call for a paladin?
- Gidwin Goldbraids yells: For the Crusade! Hyaaah!
- Gidwin Goldbraids says: Take that, ye stinkin' fire-donkey!
- Gidwin Goldbraids says: Nobody told me how big these guys were going to be.
- Seething Pyrelord successfully casts Reflective Shield
- Gidwin Goldbraids yells: Fall back!
- Gidwin Goldbraids says: The Crusade appreciates the work you're doing out here, <name>.
In Mount Hyjal Edit
Mount Hyjal quotes Edit
- Tarenar Sunstrike says: I wish Gidwin would be here...
- Gidwin Goldbraids yells: I AM here!
The competitions between Gidwin and Tarenar, are a lot like the competitions the dwarf Gimli, and the elf Legolas have in The Lord Of The Rings. Whoever kills the most foes, wins. Just like in Lord of the RIngs, the difference between the winner and the loser, is only one point. The only difference is that in WoW, the elf wins, and in LOTR it's the dwarf.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 4.0.3 (15-Nov-2010): Added.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Potential protector in Mount Hyjal for quest.
|In webbing||Freed from web and chapel||From river to Crown Guard|
|From Crown Guard to Light's Tower||Eastwall Tower, Plaguewood, and chapel||Mount Hyjal|