Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Ghost Wolf is a core shaman ability learned at level 15. It transforms the shaman into the form of a ghost wolf, increasing movement speed by 30%.
Modified by Edit
- Move 30% faster (The Enchant Boot - Minor Speed enchant has no effect on Ghost Wolf speed)
- Attack with a bite attack; damage and attack speed depend on what weapon the shaman has equipped.
- Become hard to see by other players (though this won't affect aggressive mobs).
- Your ability to loot, skin, and gather herbs remains usable.
- Carry the flag in Warsong Gulch.
- Do a silly dance! (/dance)
- Ghost Wolf is treated as a magical buff and thus can be dispelled by priests, hunters, a felhunter, or another shaman.
- Ghost Wolf can be spellstolen by a mage, though the mage won't take the morph effect, he/she will just dispel the buff.
- Ghost Wolf doesn't make you immune to Polymorph.
- Ghost Wolf changes your type to Beast.
- There are four PvP rewards which further increase the speed by +15% speed when in ghost wolf form (will not work for players above level 60).
- If [Rockbiter Weapon] has been cast prior to becoming a wolf and the shaman keeps that weapon equipped, it will significantly increase the damage done with each bite.
- Passive abilities from weapons and items and procs are not active.
- Certain buffs from potions and some spells disappear.
- Some weapon buffs' effect are not active (like [Flametongue Weapon], [Windfury Weapon], and [Frostbrand Weapon]).
- In Ghost Wolf, your standard Unarmed DPS is reduced.
- In Ghost Wolf, the caster can't:
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 4.0.6 (8-Feb-2011): Player movement speed cannot be reduced below 100% while in Ghost Wolf if the player is or has been in an indoor environment.
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): Can now be used indoors.
- Patch 3.3.0 (08-Dec-2009): Can now be learned at level 16. While in this form, snaring effects may not bring the shaman below base normal run speed.
- Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): Can now be learned at level 16. While in this form, snaring effects may not bring the shaman below base normal run speed.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Ghost Wolf’s mana cost is now 13% base.
- Patch 2.4.0 (25-Mar-2008): Cast time reduced to 2 seconds, down from 3.
- Patch 2.0.3 (09-Jan-2007): The shaman talents "Elemental Mastery","Shamanistic Rage" and the troll racial "Berserking" can no longer be used in "Ghost Wolf" form.
- Patch 1.8.0 (10-Oct-2005): Will now correctly have its cast time reduced by Nature's Swiftness.
External links Edit