|Cooldown||(GCD 1 sec)|
Garrote is a core rogue ability learned at level 48. It is a powerful damage over time ability that a rogue can use while stealthed to open a fight, also offering the ability to silence an opponent. It awards one combo point.
Modified by Edit
- Subtlety abilities
- Garrote is used more often in raids because of the fact that most mobs in raids are immune to stun effects (), and causes too much threat upon the opening move whereas Garrote's threat is spread across a longer period.
- The silence component makes it a highly viable opener versus casters who can shake off a stun or immediately react to an ambush with a detrimental effect that can turn the fight around, such as Blink.
- In PvP, also used extensively against other rogues if caught off guard, since damage resets stealth, making even vanish useless for enough time to finish the enemy.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 6.0.2 (14-October-2014): Garrote now ticks every 2 seconds (up from every 3 seconds). Damage has been adjusted to compensate.
- Patch 4.0.6 (8-Feb-2011): Garrote now costs 45 Energy, down from 50.
- Patch 2.1.0 (22-May-2007): Fixed a bug where the Silence effect on Garrote was getting resisted too often.
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): Fixed a bug where combo points were not always being applied to the target when using Garrote.