Frostbrand Weapon is a core shaman ability learned at level 46. It allows shamans to enchant their weapon, allowing a chance for additional frost damage and a chance to slow the target for a short duration.
Modified by Edit
- Combat parses after the 1.11 patch have shown that Frostbrand appears to be a proc-per-minute buff. In other words, slower weapons have a higher proc rate, so that the number of procs will be fairly consistent over time, regardless of weapon speed. The proc rate appears to be normalized to roughly 9 procs per minute. You can determine your proc rate with a weapon by dividing 60 by your weapon speed to determine your number of swings per minute. Then you divide 9 by this number, multiply by 100 ( to change the number from 0.xx to xx% ) and the resulting number is the approximate percentage chance to proc Frostbrand on a given swing.
- Frostbrand weapon receives 10% of your spell damage equipment. For example, if you have 200 spell damage on your equipment, each Frostbrand proc will deal 20 additional damage.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): Fixed a bug where rank 9 was not scaling properly with a shaman's spell power.
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Damage increased by approximately 20%.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Frostbrand’s snare effect has been increased to 50%, up from 25%.
- Patch 2.4.2 (2008-05-13): Rank 6 damage has been increased very slightly.
- Patch 2.1.2 (2007-06-19): Frostbrand Weapon Rank 5: The damage on this spell was reduced slightly such that it will never do more damage than Frostbrand Rank 6.
- Patch 2.1.0 (22-May-2007): Rank 6 now properly receives increased effect from spell damage bonuses.
- (28-Jun-2006): Frostbrand and Flametongue weapon buffs are benefited by +spell damage.
- Patch 1.11.0 (20-Jun-2006): Mana cost has been reduced.
- Patch 1.6.0 (12-Jul-2005): Targets that are immune to movement slowing effects will no longer be affected by Frostbrand Weapon's movement slowing effect. Damage will still be caused.