|Cooldown||(GCD 1.5 sec)|
Frostbolt is a mage ability learned at level 12 for those with the Frost specialization. It deals frost direct damage and chills the target, slowing its movement speed. This spell is the primary source of damage for a frost mage. In addition to placing a debuff that increases the damage of certain spells against the target, Frostbolt can also be used to heal the mage's water elemental.
- Patch 5.2.0 (5-Mar-2013): Frostbolt now deals 32% more damage.
- Patch 4.1.0 (26-Apr-2011): Frostbolt damage has been increased by 10%.
- Patch 3.3.3 (2010-03-23): Spell power scaling on this spell has been increased by approximately 5%.
- Patch 3.3.0 (08-Dec-2009): The tooltip on this ability will now update properly from all talents which increase its damage by a percentage.
- Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): The mana cost on these spells has been reduced by approximately 15%.
- Patch 3.0.3 (04-Nov-2008): Reduced the mana cost of Fireball, Frostbolt, Frostfire Bolt, Arcane Blast, Arcane Missiles, and Arcane Explosion.
- Patch 2.1.0 (22-May-2007): Damage on rank 12 was increased slightly to ensure it did more damage than rank 11 at all levels.
- Patch 1.6.0 (12-Jul-2005): Targets that are immune to movement slowing effects will no longer be affected by Frostbolt's movement slowing effect. Damage will still be caused.