Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Cooldown||(GCD 1.5 sec)|
Frostbolt is a mage ability learned at level 12 for those with the Frost specialization. It deals frost direct damage and chills the target, slowing its movement speed. This spell is the primary source of damage for a frost mage.
Modified by Edit
Frost specialization ability
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 6.2.0 (23-Jun-2015): Frostbolt now deals 20% more damage.
- Patch 6.0.2 (14-October-2014): Frostbolt can no longer be used to heal the Mage's Water Elemental.
- Patch 5.4.0 (10-Sep-2013) Frostbolt now deals 10% less damage and no longer increases the damage of any spells. The damage for those spells have been increased instead.
- Patch 5.2.0 (5-Mar-2013): Frostbolt now deals 32% more damage.
- Patch 4.1.0 (26-Apr-2011): Frostbolt damage has been increased by 10%.
- Patch 3.3.3 (2010-03-23): Spell power scaling on this spell has been increased by approximately 5%.
- Patch 3.3.0 (08-Dec-2009): The tooltip on this ability will now update properly from all talents which increase its damage by a percentage.
- Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): The mana cost on these spells has been reduced by approximately 15%.
- Patch 3.0.3 (04-Nov-2008): Reduced the mana cost of Fireball, Frostbolt, Frostfire Bolt, Arcane Blast, Arcane Missiles, and Arcane Explosion.
- Patch 2.1.0 (22-May-2007): Damage on rank 12 was increased slightly to ensure it did more damage than rank 11 at all levels.
- Patch 1.6.0 (12-Jul-2005): Targets that are immune to movement slowing effects will no longer be affected by Frostbolt's movement slowing effect. Damage will still be caused.
External ilnks Edit