|The subject of this article was either removed from World of Warcraft or is no longer available due to the devastating Cataclysm.
- The frost trap allows hunters to reposition themselves for a better shot... or, if the need arises, to run.
Frost Trap provides an area that slows movement speed of enemies in the affected area by 50%. It can be used to slow enemies multiple times since you can always lead the mob over the ice slick to easily reapply the snare. This makes kiting mobs, especially multiple mobs, in circles much easier.
- Glyph of Frost Trap increases the radius of the effect from frost trap by 2 yards.
- Hateful Gladiator's Pursuit (and higher Wrath of the Lich King PvP sets) 4 set bonus reduces the cooldown of frost trap by 2 seconds.
- Entrapment entraps targets who trigger frost trap, preventing them from moving for 2/3/4 seconds.
- Trap Mastery increases the duration frost trap effects by 10/20/30%.
- Resourcefulness reduces the mana cost of frost trap by 20/40/60% and the cooldown by 2/4/6 seconds.
- Lock and Load gives you a 33/66/100% chance when you trap a target with your frost trap to cause your next 2 arcane shot or explosive shot spells to trigger no cooldown cost no mana and consume no ammo.
- Survival Tactics reduces the chance that frost trap will be resisted by 2/4%
Tips and tricks Edit
- In group PvP this can be a great advantage to all of your team. Once activated its easy to notice graphic will let everyone on your team know it is possible to exploit it.
- With the entrapment talent spec'd, frost trap will root your enemies.
- This trap will activate the lock and load talent when triggered giving the opportunity for some burst damage.
- Use against mobs that run in instances to slow or entrap them.
- Drop a frost trap before a pull to prevent the adds from making it to cloth wearing quickly.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): Will no longer "fizzle" on targets immune to snare effects, however Lock and Load will not succeed when using Frost Trap if the target is immune to snare effects.
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): If the target who triggers Frost Trap is immune to its effect, the Frost Trap area effect will no longer be triggered.
- Patch 1.7.0 (13-Sep-2005): Updated tooltip to reflect duration of the Frost Trap Effect.