|Casting time||Instant cast|
The slow effect means never having to fight aggressive mobs you'd rather run past, assuming they don't resist every time. On foot, a chasing creature will get in 2 or 3 hits (some things run faster and swing faster than others) before you outpace them; mounted characters will be hit a single time before getting away.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 6.0.2 (14-October-2014): Frost Armor is now a passive effect and is available only to Frost Mages.; Frost Armor now grants an 8% chance to Multistrike instead of 7% Haste.
- Patch 4.1.0 (26-Apr-2011): Redesigned.
- Patch 4.0.6 (8-Feb-2011): Molten Armor, Frost Armor, and Mage Armor no longer cost mana.
- Patch 3.3.0 (08-Dec-2009): The buff will be stored in a Consolidation Box when received. It will come out when 3 min. is left.
- Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): The mana cost on these spells has been reduced by approximately 15%.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Frost Armor, Ice Armor, Mage Armor and Molten Armor are no longer Magic effects and cannot be dispelled.
- Patch 2.0.3 (09-Jan-2007): "Frost Armor" is now correctly affected by "Elemental Precision".
- Patch 1.8.0 (10-Oct-2005): Fixed a bug where the Chilled effect caused by Ice Armor/Frost Armor was not removed properly when shapeshifting.
- Patch 1.6.0 (12-Jul-2005): Targets that are immune to movement slowing effects will no longer be affected by the Chill's movement slowing effect. Targets will still have their melee attack speed reduced.
- Patch 1.3.0 (07-Mar-2005): Mana cost reduced.