Fresh Dwarven Brewfest Hops provides a buff which converts your mount into a Swift Brewfest Ram mount, normally associated with the Alliance. Only available to the Horde. Duration: 1 hour.
Fresh Dwarven Brewfest Hops is purchased from the Horde Brewfest Token vendors and for a cost of 5 . These are only available to the Horde, and are only available during Brewfest; the Brewfest Tokens required to purchase them disappear when Brewfest ends.
Using a Fresh Dwarven Brewfest Hops puts a buff on your character which converts your mount into a Swift Brewfest Ram. The buff is on you, not on the mount; if you switch mounts, the buff is still active. The duration of the buff is one hour.
Use of this item satisfies the achievement if you have riding training. You do not have to have a mount, nor use a mount, nor have a mount actually converted; the achievement procs as soon as you use the hops. This item is a cheap way to easily proc this achievement.
- You cannot use the item until you are level 20 and eligible for riding training.
- You do not have to have a mount to use this item. The item applies the buff to your character.
- The conversion of the mount takes a moment. If you summon a mount with the buff active, your mount will appear briefly, then will be replaced by the Brewfest mount.
- The item is only usable during the Brewfest event. The Fresh Dwarven Brewfest Hops disappear from your inventory when Brewfest ends.
- If the buff is already applied when Brewfest ends, it runs its course, it does not terminate prematurely.
- The note: "The effect will last until you dismount, even after the hops timer runs out." was not true in the 2009 Brewfest. The buff now persist dismounting and lasts for an hour. It can no longer be extended indefinitely by avoiding dismounting.
- Does effect your flying mounts, so you will need to dispel the effects of this item before being able to use your flying mount. (Possible bug/hotfix.)
- If you have a Brewfest Hops buff active and want to apply a different Brewfest Hops buff, the switching faction's mounts, for example, the current buff blocks application of the new buff. You must manually turn off the current buff by right clicking it and dispelling it in order to apply the new buff.
Patches and hotfixes Edit
Patch 2.4.3 (2008-07-15): Added
See also Edit
Check the Brewfest Hops disambiguation page for other forms of Brewfest Hops.