FOTM or Flavor of the Month refers to those WoW players who choose a class right after a patch has improved it, or change class because their previous class is no longer invincible. The FOTM player is most likely your typical Trade chat beggar or anal joke spammer.
Example: A FOTM player would roll an affliction Warlock, and moan when the next patch drops his dps down to the 5th place. Immediately after he or she would start leveling a BM hunter, in hope that a noob and easy rotation will bring him or her back to the top. Sadly for our friend, good hunters are scarce and hard to play, and after 3.0.8, level 80 BM hunters became unheard of.
- People with altitis are not FOTM rollers. FOTM rollers will most likely have a large array of alts, but only to move from one to another as the patches favor or gimp the different classes.
- In WoW-related forums, FOTM rollers can be easily identified: most topics with a title similar to "wuts moar powrful hunter or rouge" or "OMG BLIZZ NURFT MAI PALLI" are FOTM rollers.
- FOTM rollers are a type of noob. In-game, they are your everyday damage meter spammers and duel braggers.
- FOTM rollers seldom have decent gear or skills. At the first sign of aggression against their current class' obvious imbalance, they will reply "it's because I play well".
- Some good examples of FOTM rollers are, until now (number.x refers to the patch they showed up in): 0/21/40 and SL/SL warlocks in 2.x, the first batch of 2.x Spriests, Exotic Pet BM Hunters in 3.x, Moonkin druids in 3.x and retadins in 3.x.