This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
Following this topic: http://www.wowwiki.com/Forum:Temporarily_block_a_website%3F
I'm always watching for bad ads report.
I've received a bad ads report April 16 to my email and it was fixed in a few hours. The problem was caused by one of Rightmedia ad networks and we don't work with them anymore.
BTW, you could at least contact me by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) before blocking a site with 900K monthly uniques.
- Since I was still seeing bad ads when I checked on the 26th it was hardly fixed in a few hours. However, I will continue to monitor your site and verify there are no bad ads before unblocking it. -- ( • ) 12:30, May 30, 2010 (UTC)
Well I once saw gold selling adsense on wowwiki so probably I should start inform my visitors that wowwiki sells gold. I don't care about linking on wowwwiki (ridiculous traffic anyway), I want you to stop distributing false information about wowprogress. We don't sell gold and we don't hack. We pay attention to filter out bad ads and we've changed two ad network during last month. So you may change you reason to something like "we just don't like this site", but don't missinform people.
- We never said you sold gold. There were reports of bad ads and it is policy to block links to such sites. -- ( • ) 14:13, June 5, 2010 (UTC)
Actually you said something like that in IRC 20100426. (And my comment in irc about it a week ago somehow didn't get into irclog). Anyway nearly any site can be reported, so I see it as a handy way to blacken what you don't like. NailK (talk)
- I said the "bad ads" were "selling gold", not that you were. Please don't take my comments out of context. -- ( • ) 19:33, June 5, 2010 (UTC)
- I haven't seen any and haven't seen any reports. -- ( • ) 19:39, June 5, 2010 (UTC)
1. There are no words about links to external sites with bad ads in past.
- "Note that linked content on websites are included under the DNP policy, and links will be removed if the website is considered as violating this policy.". -WW:EL. Let me know which content which is from wowprogress.com that you want removed. -- ( • ) 20:09, June 5, 2010 (UTC)
"There are no words about links to external sites with bad ads in past".
http://www.google.com/search?q=site:wowwiki.com+wowprogress+ranking&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai= NailK (talk) 20:16, June 5, 2010 (UTC)
- I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you're saying about bad ads "in past". Wowprogress.com was unblocked after you confirmed you disabled the bad ads. Links to wowprogress.com can be restored as anyone comes across it. Also, if the Google link is your copyright claim, you cannot copyright mentions of your name nor links to your site. -- ( • ) 20:19, June 5, 2010 (UTC)