Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
Any ideas on what the Crests will be for the Goblins and the Worgen? And/or if the Horde and Alliance will actually add the Blood Elves, Goblins, Draeni, and Worgen crest to their faction icons?--Signoftheend (talk) 07:01, May 16, 2010 (UTC)
- Completely speculating, I think that the goblin crest will be called the "Icon of Trade" and incorporate either this insignia or the goblin skull seen on the side of zeppelins. It may include a golden scale, or a dollar sign. Its shield-equivalent may also be ugly, lobsided and industrial. I think that the worgen crest will be a broken wooden shield with the Gilneas insignia on it, repaired with leather scraps that look like they were cut with animal claws. A flag with light coming out of the top of an oval also surfaced a while back, so that might be part of it. Maybe it will include something about rudeness or isolationism (the Alliance L scribbled out?). I do not know if Samwise will update the overall crests.-- 08:28, May 16, 2010 (UTC)
- Pretty sure i saw the Worgen symbol in pics on mmochampion, but since it was from the alpha it was quickly taken down. Seemed to be three claws (like wolverine blades) with a half circle around the base. Was kinda cool, but like nothing i've ever seen before, so nothing already existing in WoW which i can compare it to. As for the Goblins, i think they have a spanner thing similar to the Gnomes, but i'm not quite sure. Max Krist (talk contribs) 10:21, May 16, 2010 (UTC)
- The worgen flag we are both talking about is this.-- 17:28, May 16, 2010 (UTC)
- I don't know about you guys, but I think it'd be a real shame if Blizzard doesn't use the emblem from the Gilnean flag from WC2. It's supposed to be the symbol of Gilneas in lore, and it should stick around, IMO. Regarding Golbins, Sandwichman, do you mean that gear symbol on the turtle's carriage? Because that could be too similar to the current Gnome crest.--Signoftheend (talk) 08:27, May 17, 2010 (UTC)
- Eh, Blizz have pretty much forgotten about Warcraft I and II, there is really very little from the original versions that hasn't been retconned to pieces. However, it does make sense this current emblem being different, as the Gilneans of Warcraft II were not a nation of Worgen. Max Krist (talk contribs) 10:00, May 17, 2010 (UTC)
I would be really surprised if Blizz used any existing monetary symbol. Folks would complain that a) it wasn't THEIR monetary symbol (so unfair), b) that it WAS their monetary symbol (why pick on us?), c) that Nationality X deserves derision over their monetary policy, d) that they didn't make it "your" monetary symbol for EVERY given "you", e) they didn't get a pony. Which is totally unfair to blizzard because, as I've said before, they did. --Eirik Ratcatcher (talk) 17:44, May 19, 2010 (UTC)