Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
Do you think it makes sense for someone to play World of Warcraft without at least trying to look into lore and background information? After all, Blizzard Entertainment worked for fifteen years to set up their own little universe. Besides if someone calls Dalaran that "magical floaty city" one more time...AhotahThunderhorn (talk) 23:37, November 5, 2009 (UTC)
- If they want to, they can.-- 01:19, November 6, 2009 (UTC)
- Many people who play WoW have probably never played WC1, WC2, or WC3, and Blizzard designed it in a way where you don't have to know the background to enjoy the game. User:Coobra/Sig4 01:55, November 6, 2009 (UTC)
- I know many, many players who don't give a rat's ass about lore. My brother for example. He's a pretty good raider, I guess.. but he couldn't tell the Burning Legion from the Scourge. Now I'm not a raider, but I'm this lore junkie who knows a lot about all the important characters, factions and zones of the game. WoW is game that appeals to different kinds of people. The story is not forced upon you, but if you want to you can participate in it and read all the quests and stuff. AMBER(ЯΘ<K) 11:47, November 10, 2009 (UTC)
- If you say so.-- 02:05, November 21, 2009 (UTC)
- It is possible someone can roleplay without knowing the lore by sounding serious and not saying things like 'lol', but having no idea of the actual plot and backstory of the Warcraft universe, and having a poor imagination.-- 20:02, November 22, 2009 (UTC)
- It is possible to RP with little knowledge of the lore. I happen to RP and I don't know that much about the lore. Just when you build up your character, just do some research. I have heard of people claiming that they were Night Elves born in Darnassus. Twinkiman89 (talk) 18:39, November 24, 2009 (UTC)
- Like I said. If you say so.-- 21:33, November 25, 2009 (UTC)