This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
WoWWiki is on the lookout for new admins to help the wiki continue to grow. If you are an active contributor and are interested in taking on a greater role within the community, you are encouraged to step forward and submit a RFA (Request For Adminship). If you are not familiar with the RFA, see WoWWiki:Requests for adminship for details. By submitting a RFA, you are nominating yourself to become an admin. Members of the community then "vote" by voicing either their support or opposition to your RFA.
If you’re interested or know of someone who would be a good candidate, please add the user name as a level 3 header (example:
=== User Name ===) under the Nominations for adminship section to begin your RFA. It is recommended that you type a couple sentences stating the reasons for the request and why you or your nominee would make a good admin. Good grammar and spelling are a plus. If you want to be fancy, you can add the nomination section as a link (example:
=== [[User:User Name|User Name]] ===).
Once a consensus has been reached, your RFA will be decided upon, and if the community has approved your request, you or your nominee will be promoted.
Examples of what we would be looking for that would make a good admin:
- Quality new pages with Warcraft or WoW info created at WoWWiki. Things like bosses with fight strategies, guides, lore, recipes, quests, trade skill info, etc.
- Significant quality edits of shared info pages at WoWWiki. Things like big, nicely formatted lists/tables, boss fight strategies, major guide additions or changes, tradeskill updates, etc.
- Templates created that have seen significant use (more than 10 pages or so).
- Answering questions on WoWWiki forums.
- Experience as admin at other wikis.
- Major contributions to other wikis.
- Lots of quality edits, big or small.
Things that won't count against you, but won't give much value:
- Fan fiction edits or new pages.
- Personal character edits or new pages.
- Guild page edits or new pages.
- Server page edits or new pages.
- Speculation edits or new pages.
- Adding lots of external links to outside sites, no matter how useful.