Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
Will we eventually be able to use, say, BC content without having to buy an expansion? will blizz put content from older expansions into the base game? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Mandelbrot (talk • contr).
- They want you to buy the expansions. Now while the world will be changing with the introduction of Cataclysm, you will still not be able to visit Outland without the expansion (TBC) nor Northrend without the expansion (WotLK). User:Coobra/Sig4 04:09, 25 August 2009 (UTC)
- I've never understood these people who don't buy the expansions, clearly you can afford the fee to play the game every month, can't you just save up and buy the expansions? Doesn't have to be the day they come out but they end up pretty cheap after a while... Max Krist (talk) 08:31, 25 August 2009 (UTC)
- I think there is some technical difficulty in maintaining a separate integrated game for update reasons. Also, Blizzard will eventually release a Battle Chest version hopefully with DVDs up through Wrath. It would be nice if you could buy a DVD for like $5-10 with a version of WoW classic patched up to BC or Wrath, though (that requires you to enter you license keys still). If you screw up your install like has happened to me a couple of times over the years it takes a LOOOOOOONNNNGGGG time to get back to current. Now I try to regularly back up my install, so I don't have to rebuild it from scratch. -- (talk · contr) 9:07 AM PST 25 Aug 2009
Of course, with Cataclysm a lot of the changes are to the old world, and won't require any kind of expansion to take advantage of :) Anyway, I fully expect a Battle Chest style release around the time of Cataclysm, otherwise matters will start to get too complicated for new users.17:33, 26 August 2009 (UTC)
- You'll still have to do a big fat update to see the Cataclysm changes, unless they release a pre-patched version of classic WoW. -- (talk · contr) 1:08 PM PST 27 Aug 2009
- Taking bets on how big that 4.0.1 patch is gonna be :P 23:21, 27 August 2009 (UTC)
- I say 5GB. User:Coobra/Sig4 07:07, 30 August 2009 (UTC)