This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
Who will lead the Blue Dragonflight now?
With the Nexus War considered over and the Blue Dragonflight all but defeated, who do you think will lead the struggling flight in the wake of the death of the Spell-Weaver at the hands of Alexstraza and the champions of Azeroth?AhotahThunderhorn (talk) 22:53, November 2, 2009 (UTC)
Voice your Opinion
- I agree, he seems to be having a heavier role now. User:Coobra/Sig4 23:15, November 2, 2009 (UTC)
- And thats based off an item flavor text? User:Coobra/Sig4 23:44, November 2, 2009 (UTC)
- My money's also on Kalec... Even if we do interpret the whole "princess of the Blue Dragon flight" thing with Tyri, her appearance to the vast majority of the players can probably be summed up as a cameo: she lurks in an obscure corner of Netherstorm... Kalec has had a lot more screen time. Also, Tyri is a bit of an itch with a "b" in front of it, although that's just my opinion... Tanooki1432 (talk) 20:13, March 26, 2010 (UTC)
- I'm assuming Kalecgos, too. There's quite a lot to support him as a possibility. As mentioned, he's betrothed to Tyrygosa (potentially the daughter of Malygos), which leaves a chance of the pair eventually getting together (especially given that Anveena's out of the picture now). Other than Malygos himself, Kalec is probably the most prominent blue dragon in lore. And finally, he appears to have opposed the Nexus War, meaning he maintains an allegiance to the Wyrmrest Accord. Since the Quel'Delar chain has been released with Icecrown Citadel, Kalec can be found at the top tier of Wyrmrest Temple, as an ambassador to the blue flight. Seems to highly hint towards this. Two points/questions, though! 1) We loot the "Heart of Magic" for Korialstrasz, in the Eye of Eternity upon defeating the Spellweaver, is this perhaps the source of Malygos' "Aspecthood", so to speak? In otherwords, the powers that give him that status. And as such, can it be infused to a new dragon? 2) Is there any mention of the blue flight or Kalec in Stormrage at all? I know they aren't really a focal point, but since Alexstrasza and Ysera appear, I was curious if even they mention it in passing.--MyrionStarblade (talk) 00:17, March 27, 2010 (UTC)
- I think Kalecgos will do it. Regarding Tyrygosa's role, we'll have to wait for Dragons of Outland to come out, but I think she'll leave the right to rule, in case she has it over Kalecgos.
- Or, why not, she could become the new aspect, leaving Kalecgos as his personal guardian.
- Finally, some other blue dragons not mentioned in this poll:
- I don't include the killable ones for obvious reasons :P.--Lon-ami (talk) 17:40, November 6, 2009 (UTC)
The polls been up for a few days and I find it interesting no one thinks Malygos's son will take over as leader. User:Coobra/Sig4 06:01, November 8, 2009 (UTC)
- His sons would probably agree with his crusade, given the fact that sons usually have for fathers (definitely in fiction). With the Blue Dragonflight cleansed of the enemies of magic in mortal hands, the new leader has to be one who did not agree with Malygos' crusade. The only well known dragons who are known to probably be in the Wyrmrest Accord camp are Kalec and Tyri. AMBER(ЯΘ<K) 20:46, November 8, 2009 (UTC)
- Though that's still just an assumption, it isn't much less likely that he takes the opposite stance. Though the chances are, that as Arygos hasn't appeared anywhere since the events of Ahn'Qiraj (in game, or in novels, etc), that he's just another forgotten character. His lacking presence in WotLK seems to support this idea. --MyrionStarblade (talk) 00:17, March 27, 2010 (UTC)
Though Blizzard's lore department isn't exactly known for its consistancy, I think that it's actually more likely to be one of his children than it is Kalecgos because of his involvement in mortal affairs. None of the Aspects have played a huge roll in interacting with the mortals, but have instead consistantly sent representatives, that, or certain members of the flights have themselves taken an interest, and so have shown up repeatedly. Chromie is a perfect example of this. Also, the fact that he's an Ambassador to the Wyrmrest Accord goes to show that, while important, he's not in charge, as the only Aspect to appear in person at the Temple is Alextrasza. The rest of the flights are represented by a token Ambassador. I'd not be surprised if Tyrygosa or Arygos were to be named Aspect. Though they show up far less frequently, they are the Aspect's direct offspring, and possibly more powerful because of it. It would also free Kalec up to be able to keep coming to our aid, as he would not be bogged down with the duties of an Aspect. NocturnalAbyss (talk) 19:57, April 15, 2010 (UTC)