Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
Who is the worst faction leader and why?
After the success of Forum:Who is your favourite faction leader and why?, I've decided to make this alternate version: Who is the worst faction leader.
My choice, right now, goes for Varian Wrynn. His change of personality and hatred for the orcs is only bringing death to he and his comrades. I'd vote for Thrall, too, since he's letting Garrosh do the same, but I think Varian is intelligent enough to avoid conflict, but he doesn't, opening the path for a possible unnecessary 4th war.
- Tyrande, for being outrunned by a vicious power-lusty arch-druid by interim.
- Seriously, what's this new world tree for? When you sacrificed your immortality to save the world, you can't come back 4 years later and try to get it back moron!
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 12:36, 18 July 2009 (UTC)
- Lor'themar Theron for letting Kael'thas nearly destroy the Blood Elves by joining the Legion and not having the balls to lead his people in a better direction. Plus now that Kael'thas has been destroyed, he lets his pressence live on in Silvermoon? He should return his people to thier former glory like the Sunwell. Also A'noob has a very good point :P Max Krist (talk) 12:54, 18 July 2009 (UTC)
- Hahaha, good points, men, good points. Also, let's list some of the leaders' pains in the asses:
- Cairne Bloodhoof: Magatha is destroying all your work and you don't stop her. I don't know if you are playing like Thrall does with the Burning Blade, but... but. You need to be harsher.
- Magni Bronzebeard: Letting your daughter menace the entire dwarven race by going on a date with the enemy. You're a good father, and a good grandpa, soon.
- Gelbin Mekkatorque: You just let your city to be destroyed. By one of your friends. You're great (not by size).
- Lor'themar Theron: You just failed for believing Outland was a paradise. Douche. Also, I liked your involvement with Zul'Aman.
- Thrall: Letting Garrosh spit on you, when he's just a stupid kid who only wants to revert the Horde into a war machine isn't good for a warchief.
- Velen: He's a damn n00b. You only have to read Rise of the Horde to facepalm with him. Poor leadership for a poor leader.
- Vol'jin: Your island got invaded by a... err... a single guy? C'mon, take an warband and kill him off, instead of running away.
- Tyrande Whisperwind: Letting Fandral replace Furion isn't good. Who is the leader, he or you? It's just annoying.
- Sylvanas Windrunner: Demon majordomo is demon majordomo and, if that's not enough, he betrays you. Champion.
- Varian Wrynn: For god's sake, are you fighting the Scourge or the Horde? Your strategy is just stupid. It's a pity Yogg-Saron didn't come and kicked your ass just for ignoring Ulduar.
- Those are my main points .--Lon-ami (talk) 13:13, 18 July 2009 (UTC)
- Hahaha, good points, men, good points. Also, let's list some of the leaders' pains in the asses:
- I say it is Sylvanas. I mean come on! You have a demon you bullied to become yours as your majordomo/security. He betrays you and nearly destroys your freaking city, along with one of your own apothecaries who betrays you. Then you have the apothecaries themselves. Let's destroy the world guys! Yeah that's great! You're a freaken zombie who doesn't know when to quit, when you're beaten. Not to mention you are allied with the blood elves... OkolorionTalk Contribs 17:43, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
- I find it interesting the greatest supporter for the blood elves joining the horde... and not one blood elf helped retake the city... User:Coobra/Sig4 20:24, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
- I'm going to ignore any faults they have due to Blizz not giving their racial plot more fuel (Like Cairne). The worst two leaders IMSO are Velen, because finding middle ground with the orc's beliefs about Oshu'gun and the truth about it when he was tied up in Durotan's tent may have been enough to save his race in one conversation but he has to be a stuck up old guy, and Varian, because he is a quickly made anti-Thrall shoved in there with ridiculously simple motivations to save WarCraft from going soft.-- 23:10, 21 July 2009 (UTC)
- Varian Wrynn. Racist. :P - SlapMop
- Varian, purely cos the changes to him in the comic have produced someone with Thrall's wisdom, but now clouded by Garrosh's hatred and bitterness. --
- <imagelink>http://www.zealvurte.co.uk/temp/sig-av/wiki_talk.png%7CUser talk:Zealvurte</imagelink>
- Varian he's more bad then good, he only cares for his people but hates all orcs and the horde in general, he acts sometimes ruthless and proud of himself because of his past, he will eventually start the true war between the Horde and Alliance only too be gladly supported indirectly by Garosh Hellscream by accepting a battle between the 2 factions even in the Lich King crisis which would ruin the only chance for a Co-OP Raid with both alliance and horde. --DarckArchon Might of Aiur 07:56, 7 August 2009 (UTC)
I'd have to say Mekkatorque aswell, if for no other reason than because while other faction leaders have made decisions, good and bad, Gelbin has done nothing of note really. Sarm3 (talk) 19:34, 15 August 2009 (UTC)
I would have to say Lor'themar Theron. It has been a while since Kael'thas betrayed the Blood Elves, and he is still only Regent Lord. Why doesn't he just become the new king already?AhotahThunderhorn (talk) 01:31, September 9, 2009 (UTC)
I have this same poll on my page, I also have the best. Anyhoo, I think Varian is the fantasy version of GI Joe. While I hate Garrosh (more than anyone), Varian vexed him into battle. Some diplomat. BobNamataki (talk) 20:02, November 18, 2009 (UTC)
I'd say Lor'themar, who has joined the Horde. It just doesn't fit. Blood-elves should be Alliance, how can they worship the light and work hand in hand with the Forsaken? I'm hoping that Alleria has a comeback and becomes the new Elven-queen joining the Alliance. And seriously, Varian has more than enough reasons to hate the Horde. The Orcs destroying Stormwind, killing his family and friends. The Forsaken taking the great city of Lordaeron... (If only Jaina wouldn't be such a sissy Capital City would be back in the Alliance's hands) Then being forced to fight as a gladiator, for an orc. Cut him some slack...
Also: Tyrande. Why in Sargeras' name is a Highborne doing in the Temple (even though that's one of Blizz' great idea, but still)? 22:01, November 25, 2009 (UTC)
I'd have to say Varian Wrynn. He's a warmongering racist who doesn't believe in second chances. I hope to hell he gets replaced with Lady Jaina at some point in the future. -- Sebreth (talk) 20:51, November 28, 2009 (UTC)
- jeez, hsaying he doesn't belive in second chances is just wrong... Varian was one of the few human leaders in favour of the internemnt camps and not a massive genocide, the orcs simply blew it afterwards... 21:34, November 28, 2009 (UTC)
- He still hasn't given the orcs a fair chance at redemption because of the First and Second Wars. As a matter of fact, he recently declared war on the Horde because of something a neutral party did. Putress is not of the Horde. He is Forsaken, but he does not act in favor of the Horde. Varian failed to see beyond Putress' race and think, "Why would they kill their own troops?". Instead, he declared war. Yay for "King" Varian Wrynn. -- Sebreth (talk) 23:00, November 28, 2009 (UTC)
- He did let High Overlord Saurfang pass in Icecrown. He's not evil, just realistic. BobNamataki (talk) 15:56, November 29, 2009 (UTC)
- Garrosh is a pig headed idiot who thinks the alliance should fall, then the scourge. How would that go? Garrosh: I'm sure the Lich King, Kel'thuzad, Minions, Sindragosa and all other are not threats compared to Varian and the alliance. Varian at least has a reason: Gladiator slave? What reason does Garrosh have? BobNamataki (talk) 22:54, November 29, 2009 (UTC)
- I think Garrosh does what he does because he is mad at himself for being a crybaby for so long. Now, he has to be as badass as possible (in his own eyes) and start a reckless war.-- 23:15, November 29, 2009 (UTC)
- Yes, well Varian has been badass most of his life anyway. Garrosh is hardly even as strong as he thinks he is. The only time I've seen it come to violence is when he fought Varian and Varian seemed to be winning anyway. Most of the time he's just rude and nothing else. Varian probably would have won anyway. BobNamataki (talk) 12:31, November 30, 2009 (UTC)
- I think Blizzard should really take a look at Garrosh's character again, and try and make him a bit more... not stupid. Varian has reasons to hate the Horde, although I think the main reason was the attack and destruction of Storwmind during the First War. That would p/o me too if aliens burned my city to the ground. (And one thing igiarmpr have you played the Frozen Throne? In the Blood Elf campaign the worked with the human alliance, but were forced to accept help from the naga to fight off the scourge, after the human leader Garithos left only the Blood Elves to guard the area, taking all soldiers and support teams to the front. The humans discovered that the Blood Elves were hepled by the Naga and imprisoned them all in the Violet Hold in Dalaran, and sentanced every last one of them to death. The Naga broke the Blood Elves out and took them to Outland. Not to mention Garithos would poke fun at aspects of them, calling them names and such. Would you work with the Alliance after this?) OkolorionTalk Contribs 01:45, December 2, 2009 (UTC)