This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
Do you guys really believe Varimathras was the mastermind behind the attack Putress did on Angrathar? I was thinking on the possibility that could be Sylvanas and she just feigned innocence. ...and of course Varimathras used the opportunity to take control of Undercity...
- Sylvannas would never sacrifice her people like that. I do agree that this plan was coming for a long time, but Varimathras wasn't the master-mind. I beleive we didn't teach the LEgion a good enough lesson on the Sunwell isle...
- Gorvar (talk) 20:06, 24 July 2009 (UTC)
- The "A distant voice" in Undercity bears the cool name of "WG_Sargeras_HOR01.wav", meanning that Sylvanas was a stranger to the coup, even thought she knew about the New Plague.
- Loremaster A'noob, Arch Druid of the Noobhoof Clan (talk/contribz) 20:16, 24 July 2009 (UTC)
- I really don't get any of that stuff, originally Sylvanas was supposed to want to kill the rest of the world too, wage a war against the living and the dead, then they just change it and make only a small group of forsaken after that goal? So does that just mean we ignore stuff like killing the guy in stonard because he was going to expose the whole forsaken facade? Blizz screwed up big time with this one, just another failed retcon, clearly because if they followed the plot they had intended, they would have had to deal with the forsaken leaving the horde, and what do you do with everyones characters then? *sigh* Max Krist (talk) 00:56, 25 July 2009 (UTC)
- Have to think about it from the MMO point of view... if all of the forsaken turned against the horde and thus all living creatures, then all players who choose to be forsaken after completing that chain would no longer be part of the horde, they would be in their own faction with only other forsaken members as their allies. Its no different than the blood elves leaving Kael. User:Coobra/Sig4 04:46, 25 July 2009 (UTC)
- I agree, thats why i'm of the opinion that the Forsaken should never have been an option in the first place and the elves should have stayed with the alliance. But i do have a very different view of how Blizz should have set up WoW from the start, not that it matters these days... I've learnt to accept Blizz's direction, they just need to stop retconing things! Stuff from a game 10 years ago isn't that bad, but when your retconing things which only 2 expansions ago was the standard lore? It still says when starting a forsaken that they have a "darker goal" and are just using the horde! Come on Blizz, make up your mind. Also as an end note, starting a human also still talks about Anduin Wrynn being the ruler... lol ok i'm done ranting. :D Max Krist (talk) 01:40, 26 July 2009 (UTC)
- I miss Lady Katrana Prestor =( User:Coobra/Sig4 04:14, 26 July 2009 (UTC)
- I think it's possible (likely even) that Sylvanas intended to kill all of the humans (they could qualify as "the living") aswell as scourge but i think it would've been Sylvanas's plan to wait till the Lich king was dead, while Vari and putress began the coup earlier, likely believing that the Alliance and Horde would be too focused on the fight in Northrend to take back the city in a timely manner. Now since Sylvanas is in the doghouse we need only await her renegotiation with the Grimtotem for the NEXT coup... Twas Brillig (talk) 15:18, November 20, 2009 (UTC)
- I'd have to agree that Sylvanas was intended to "betray" the Horde, only problem with that is it's a MMO and the question of what would happen to all Forsaken members after this? Blizzard doesn't want to do a third faction, its either Alliance or Horde. User:Coobra/Sig4 00:17, November 21, 2009 (UTC)