This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
I have developed questions about the relationships of Crypt Fiends and Nerubians.
- Crypt Fiends seem to be Nerubians who are Undead.
- Are ALL Nerubians Undead?
- If not, then perhaps Category:Nerubians should be split to include 'Undead Nerubians'.
- Is there a distinction between undead nerubians and Scourge controlled undead nerubians?
- Aye, crypt fiends are undead nerubians who were raised from the dead. All of them. Yes it probably should.
- Not all nerubians are undead, though most of the population have been turned by the lich king, a few like Kilix the Unraveler and Azjol-anak Battleguard are still among the living.
- Most (if not all) the undead nerubians are part of the Scourge.
- -- User:Coobra/Sig4 20:59, 24 July 2009 (UTC)
Should Category:Nerubians should be split to include 'Undead Nerubians'? Currently 'Nerubians' is under 'Undead', which if not all of them are dead, it probably should not be. --Eirik Ratcatcher (talk) 21:38, 24 July 2009 (UTC)
- Think it would just be less confusing to leave it as it is... seeing as how the new undead categories are going (even after a vote was done)... User:Coobra/Sig4 23:37, 24 July 2009 (UTC)
- I just wanted to add some points.
- Yes. In the RPG, crypt fiend is a "template" that can be placed only on nerubians making them undead. An a.k.a. exists for spider lord nerubians when this template is put on them and they are called crypt lords.
- All. If a crypt fiend is not undead then it would not be called a crypt fiend according to the RPG.
- I am not sure.
- No. Most of the population was turned into undead and they fought a huge war (Spider War) in order not to become undead. A nerubian remnant does exist like Coobra said which is not undead.
- Wouldn't that be like splitting Category:Humans to include "Undead Humans"?
- Not really. The Scourge created all the undead nerubians. They are not independent undead like ghosts, wraiths, and zombies but are Scourge undead like ghouls, withered, and banshees.
- I like lore. :) Rolandius (talk - contr) 07:44, 25 July 2009 (UTC)
- I just wanted to add some points.
- So... Nerubians (category) should not be under Undead, as not all Nerubians are, in fact, undead. All Crypt fiends are undead nerubians, so they belong in both categories. Are there any other categories of nerubians, for which all examples are undead? You guys agree? --Eirik Ratcatcher (talk) 20:31, 27 July 2009 (UTC)
- Most Nerubians are undead however, so it should remain in the Undead category. User:Coobra/Sig4 20:44, 27 July 2009 (UTC)
- The Viziers may have been alive in the scrapped Azjol-Nerub zone, but as of now, all of them are undead. The preview info on that page is misleading due to the amount that was cut.-- 23:27, 27 July 2009 (UTC)
- Regarding Eirik Ratcatcher's post, according to the RPG crypt fiends (any former nerubian) and crypt lords (crypt fiends who were former nerubian spiderlords) would be the only undead nerubians as that is what they are called when becoming undead. The nerubians lost the war against the Scourge and a majority of them were turned undead. That being said, there are groups of nerubians who are still "alive" as the RPG, Warcraft III, and WoW shows. The RPG also still calls them a race (alive), a creature class, and talks about the various castes. It could be argued either way. You could say that the race "nerubian" is not "undead" since the RPG does not call them an undead race. On the other hand, you could say that since crypt fiends and crypt lords have the "nerubian" category on WoWWiki, it makes some nerubians undead and some not so that it must have both categories. Of course, I tend to lose on category discussions like the whole undead characters are "deceased and undead" notion that I don't think is correct. I also thought an organization that had like 80% goblin NPCs and was part of a larger goblin organization should have the "goblin organizations" category but was told no. Rolandius (talk - contr) 06:53, 28 July 2009 (UTC)