Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
I am an experienced player of World of Warcraft and decided to do some research on what motivates me among other experienced WoW veterans to play the game. I conducted a survey, perhaps some of who end up seeing this were a part of my survey. I got 50 people to take my survey which included questions and multiple choice answers that tried to decode what it is that motivates us to play this game. What do you think? Pretty consistent with yourself? I would greatly appreciate any feedback.
How long have you been playing the game?
- Less than a year 10%
- 1-4 years 30%
- 5-8 years 52%
- Basically Since it started in 2004 8%
Do you play the game on a consistent basis?
- Yes, I have been playing quite regularly 88%
- No, I only play here and there 12%
How many hours of game play logged per week?
- 1-2 12%
- 3-6 38%
- 7-10 46%
- More than 10 4%
What Level are you?
- 1-20 6%
- 21-45 12%
- 46-65 72%
- 6-85 10%
Favorite part about playing the game?
- Aesthetically pleasing/Vastness of game 10%
- Defeating Other opponents 58%
- Meeting other players 2%
- Progressing in game’s "food chain" 30%
Least Favorite part about playing the game?
- Time consuming 26%
- Being defeated by opponents 48%
- Other Players take it too seriously 26%
- Too Complex 0%
How would you describe yourself as a WoW player?
- Passive/Friendly 4%
- Dominant 44%
- Driven 30%
- None of these 22%
How big of a part of your life is this game?
- I could easily do without it 6%
- Just something I do for fun 10%
- My favorite thing to do in my free time 60%
- My life revolves around WoW 24%