This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
After reading the Illidan article where it says "...that Maiev's life cannot continue", is it saying Maiev is dead or just has no idea what to do with her life now that Illidan is "defeated"? Rolandius (talk - contr) 06:04, 13 May 2009 (UTC)
Just because someone doesn't have a life doesn't mean that the person in question is dead. --User:Gourra/Sig2 13:29, 13 May 2009 (UTC)
- I have a fan thing about Maiev. 100% Speculation, but, well, I would like to see your opinion:
- After the defeat of Illidan, Maiev despised Akama and left the Temple. She roamed around, trying to find something that was replaced inside his soul by the hunt for Illidan. Something that got lost when that hatred and zealotry replaced it. She had no goals in her life. No laws to fulfill.
- Eventually, she would end up at Warden's cage; again, unable to find what she had lost. Empty of everything; soulless. Akama found her, and give her a new hope, as a normal person, leaving in peace. A new goal on her life. She started living a normal life, changing between hermit and an Ashtongue member.
- Akama and the remaining Illidari grouped and formed a new faction, under the protection of A'dal. The Aldor vs Scryers conflict become a Shattered Sun vs Illidari conflict. Anyway, the Illidari would live in peace, fighting only to protect others. Fighting evil with evil, as true hunters of demons, and not the fail Illidan had become.
- That would be their current state, more or less. For appearances in-game, I have an example: Jarod makes an appearance at the South Seas expansion. He is in danger, and Maiev hears what's going on and remembers him. She wants to go alone, but in the end some Illidari join her, and travel back to Azeroth to save Jarod and help against the war against Azshara and her demonic allies.
- That's my main idea. It wasn't intended to, but it's also a perfect (imo) way of opening a breach for "demon hunters" becoming a new hero class. They could remake the concept of the demon hunter, and mix it with Warden and various other skills.
- What do you think? :P
- I don't see her becoming a renegade criminal-hunter just after the death of Illidan, his death must have affected her too much. Later, with the support of the renegade Illidaris, it's something very plausible.
- They could be still called Illidar to remember Illidan and his days of sanity, or just to remember what happened to him and be cautious to not suffer the same fate.
I think its a great idea, and you're right, a good way to open the Demon Hunter class. But too, i doesnt really like Maeiv, keeping someone in a cage for 10.000 years... and then following him to Outland, she should have stopped and aimed for Arthas... Magnive (talk) 11:14, 1 June 2009 (UTC)
- You don't have to like her . Maiev's personality could change, towards a nostalgic full of remorse slayer. That, with the new "pariah" feeling the entire faction would have, will make the characterizations something completely new.--Lon-ami (talk) 11:53, 1 June 2009 (UTC)
Demon Hunter hero class is a MUST for an x-pac when we fight Kil'jaeden. I'd do all the hard-work, but I've not the patience nor the time, and it's Blizzard's job, anyways. (talk · contr) () 02:50, 2 June 2009 (UTC)
- I actually have decent plans for Demon Hunter and Tinker class. By decent I mean they make sense and aren't just copies of existing ones or the same roles. I still need to organize all the information and put it in my user page.
- Anyway, they make sense in any expansion which has demons. Broken Isles have a good pack of them and, well, if Sargeras' avatar is around, even more demonic activity. I think they fit perfectly there, for a South Seas expansion.--Lon-ami (talk) 08:49, 2 June 2009 (UTC)
"She has become vengeance itself, bound forever to the hunt. I only pray that in her zeal, she doesn’t cause even more havoc than Illidan." — Malfurion Stormrage
Maiev is driven by vengeance and with the target of her main source rage gone she may turn to another source of anger: Tyrande Whisperwind. Warden Shadowsong has never forgiven Tyrande for murdering her watches and freeing Illidan(btw where the hell was Maiev when that happened?) she had no problem with abandoning her to the scourge. Vengeance is just apart of who she is. --Sairez (talk)