This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
I'm trying to add a mirror link to the latest WoW patch (4.2.2 → Patch 188.8.131.5205).
Preview is fine, but when I hit publish, I get the following message:
"The following link, text or page name is what triggered our filter: http://uploaded . to " (had to edit the URL here otherwise it gets filtered here as well :)
It looks like someone (with higher edit permissions, perhaps?) has added the uploaded . to mirror links, but regular users are unable to update the list because it trips the filter.
I do not want to remove the uploaded . to links to get my edit through, so I was hoping someone might be able to help out.
Thanks, trog / ausgamers
:(HTML entity for a colon) in place of the colon (:) in the URL and post the full URL. Can't really tell what might be triggering the spam filter without knowing the full URL. -- (talk · contr) 2 Feb 2012 11:53 AM Pacific
- Thanks, I didn't mean to imply I'd extensively edited the URL - the error is literally just "The following link, text or page name is what triggered our filter: http://uploaded.to" - so any of the URLs in the patch mirror page that are from that domain are triggering it.
- Trogau (talk) 22:52, February 2, 2012 (UTC)
- Unfortunatly it looks like http://uploaded.to does not work in the USA, so I can't test it. If I can't test it, I can't verify it is okay to unblock. Do you know why http://uploaded.to doesn't work in the USA? If it is because it might violate Blizzard's ToU (known to allow downloads of private server stuff or clients), I probably can't unblock it. WoWWiki's policy is to not post anything that would violate Blizzard's ToU. -- (talk · contr) 3 Feb 2012 12:36 PM Pacific
- Yeh, uploadedto has blocked the entire USA after the MegaUpload case happened, basically to reduce their liability (https://torrentfreak.com/uploaded-to-blocks-us-visitors-120121/ has more information). So they are, as far as I am aware, not accessible from anywhere in the USA. I understand that you don't want to remove the block - it seems quite likely that as a data locker service it might have stuff that contravenes the Blizzard ToC. In that case, can I remove the uploadedto patch links I (and others!) can resume adding new mirrors? Trogau (talk) 01:49, February 6, 2012 (UTC)
- Feel free to add mirror links that don't trigger our filter (and don't obviously violate Blizzard's ToU) and remove those that do or are invalid. Unblocking links caught by our filter is handled on a case-by-case basis. Generally we rely on the disclaimer on the patch mirror pages as a warning to users and don't otherwise carefully monitor links there.
- WoWWiki does not setup the links blocked by the filter, since it is handled and managed by Wikia via their backend setup. We can whitelist links for WoWWiki, if we've determined they are safe and don't violate our policy. We still rely on users to notify us of problems or if we've unblocked a link that should have stayed blocked. -- (talk · contr) 6 Feb 2012 2:48 PM Pacific