Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
Time to speculate a bit about the intrigues of the Warcraft human nobility. So, to start, let's focus on the most controversial noble of the current lore: Calia Menethil.
There has been a lot of speculation about what could have happened with her. If she wasn't killed, where could she be now? Her last pretender, Daval Prestor, disappeared long before Arthas murdered Terenas, so I find it plausible that she married someone and survived the betrayal.
But, who? Time to check all the possible existing candidates:
We have Derek and Tandred Proudmoore. Derek dies before DotD, so he can't be considered. Tandred could be a good candidate, but I doubt Terenas would marry Calia with Kul'Tiras when Arthas was probably going to marry Jaina. Also, Tandred has that lady friend, Mishan Waycrest, who could probably be his love. But who knows.
Result: Tandred Proudmoore??
(Anyway, is Tandred canon? After all the RPG shit that happened... pf, I hate you Blizzard for not watching over the RPG better)
Could have she married with an elf? Well, the only available candidate was Kael. I doubt he would have married a human without loving her, and later, he hated Arthas, and probably didn't want anything with his family. Also, he was behind Jaina.
Could she have married a mage of the ruling council? They're the only ones that, imo, could have "enough noble level" to be good candidates. Let's see: Drenden and Modera are lovers, imo. Krasus is busy. Antonidas, I doubt he would marry a young girl, he's a wise and good man, and probably supports the love over the convenience marriage. Kel'thuzad... well, we don't know his personality back then. He didn't seem that mad and sick, but who knows. It's weird, but I don't find why not.
Well, Thoras was married, since he has a son. Danath went missing before he could even consider the option. So we have Galen left. He seems a good candidate, imo. Stromgarde had some discrepancies with Lordaeron, so the marriage could have been a good option. After the fall of Stromgarde, Galen could have sent her away for her own sake.
Result: Galen Trollbane?
A good option, indeed. A pity we know Varian married Tiffin, and he was the last of the house of Wrynn, which means there was no one more.
We don't know if Genn Greymane had a wife or not. It doesn't matter, since, if he had, he probably had a son, which leaves us in the same situation if he hadn't. I find it a bit odd, since Genn cut off relationships with everybody, but it could be.
Result: Genn Greymane or his son?
Aliden has a mistress, but we know there was someone more, a cousin, Isiden, the one supported by Greymane to rule Alterac before Daval Prestor came into scene. He probably remained at Gilneas, and we don't know what happened with him.
Result: Isiden Perenolde?
Well, after this analysis, considering the known characters (since we all know anyone new can suddenly appear and take the place) we have 5 candidates:
- Tandred Proudmoore.
- Galen Trollbane.
- Genn Greymane or his son.
- Isiden Perenolde.
Anyway, I don't even consider the option of dwarf or gnome nobles marrying human nobility.
That was intended to be a free-of-opinion analysis. I'll give you my opinion about those 5:
- 1-Tandred fits well with Mishan. Also, I believe they had enough with Arthas and Jaina. Everyone hoped for them to return together. So NO.
- 2-Kel'Thuzad no. It's just weird, Arthas would have known of him. Terenas would have also acted against him, since Antonidas probably would have told him about Kel'thuzad's necromancy. But, don't know how, Kel'Thuzad had a lot of money. I wonder what the source was. But I don't want him as Calia's husband. Anyway, no one could have known the identity or the secret activities of Calia's husband. Who knows. NO.
- 3-Galen is a nice candidate. He's one of my options, and makes fine sense. YES.
- 4-Genn's son is one of my other options. He makes sense, too. Also, Genn cutting of relations seems to have been retconed at Arthas: Rise of the Lich King. YES.
- 5-Isiden marrying a princess while he's in another kingdom where they probably need one? I doubt it. Greymanes probably wants the Menethil line for themselves. I'd say he married the daughter of Genn (This supposing Genn has a son and a daughter, ofc). NO.
Also, Warcraft humans tend to imitate the Anglo-Saxon tradition of replacing the wife's surname by the husband's. Due to this, we don't know the former families of many noble women, like: -Lianne Menethil -Isolde Perenolde -Tiffin Wrynn -Varia Wrynn
Well, that's all. I look forward your opinions ;).
- I have a theory (that is completely crazy and unfounded)! If my theory is correct, and Helcular is/was Inigo Montoy's father, then who might the mother be? Why, Calia Menethil, of course. And by the way, what happened to Thel'zan's phylactery after he died, did they just leave it there? 17:11, 16 May 2009 (UTC)
- Omg, do you know why it's crazy? The answer is a simple question: Do you really think Terenas would allow her marry a non-noble guy? The logic answer is no :S.
- hmmm, i thought the latest speculation had Calia escaping lordaeron during it's fall at the hands of Arthas... Being outside of the customs of royalty would open her up to marrying someone not so prestigious? I honestly don't know, what characterisation we have encountered of her seems to portray her as rather shallow and simple, which i find disappointing for the sister of one of the greatest villians Azeroth has ever seen... I would hope that Blizzard revists such a great potential character and fleshes her out a bit more so we can more successfully speculate on her actions... And just for some controversy and discussion on this post, why doesn't she engage in a relathionship with Jaina Proudmoore? :P Max Krist (talk) 04:52, 19 May 2009 (UTC)
We have 2 options:
- She was at Capital City during the return of Arthas: She's dead.
- She wasn't at Capital City: She could have married someone. After all, she was old enough to.
I think that the 2nd option is the more logical. But, who's the husband?
- hmmm, i doubt shes dead, but i don't think just cause shes alive and old enough she has to get married. Maybe she's a pupil of Tirion and becomes the paladin Arthas was always meant to be? That would set the scene for an awesome showdown with her bro, and then perhaps she returns home, defeats Sylvanas and returns Lordaeron to it's former glory the same as was done with Stormwind? For some extra spice, she does marry, Varian. Then Stormwind and Lordaeron become true sister cities, making the Eastern Kingdoms a monument to the Alliance's power... lol soz, think i got carried away. :$ Max Krist (talk) 12:45, 20 May 2009 (UTC)