Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 3.2.2.
Foror's Compendium of Dragon Slaying is a thick book full of writing. Unfortunately the text appears to be garbled. It is an homage to EverQuest, the game in which World of Warcraft developer Alex Afrasiabi made his mark in MMO gaming with his guild 'Fires of Heaven'.
Post Patch 3.2.2 text:
...hide under a ledge or a bridge, if one is available to you. A good strong wall is also a safe bet.
<More faded text.>
Use complete heal, between five and fifteen clerics.
<More faded text.>
At the end of a successful raid, sit back and take in the victory. After a solid ten to fifteen seconds, proceed to town and display your phat lewt for all to see and worship.
<A glance at the rest of the compendium leaves you with a headache.>
As a quest objective Edit
- Provided for [60D] - Removed in Patch 3.2.2.
- This item's name is a reference to Alex Afrasiabi (a.k.a. Foror), Blizzard quest designer.
- The related quest could only be completed once.
- '...hide under a ledge or a bridge'...is referring to a fight in which a guild attempted to kill one of the bosses by hiding their Clerics under a bridge in order to avoid Area of Effect spells, and the guild was accused of hacking/exploiting and was promptly banned.
- The reference to 5-15 Clerics and 10-15 seconds refers to what is known as a 'CHRot' or 'Complete Heal Rotation'. Complete Heal, at the time, was a level 39 Cleric spell that was capable of healing anyone in the game to their full hit point value. The spell had a 10 second cast time, so Clerics were set up in a rotation to continuously be hitting the tank with a Complete Heal every .5-2 seconds so they would not die from a damage spike.
Patches and hotfixes Edit
- Patch 4.0.3 (15-Nov-2010): Quality changed from epic to poor.
- Patch 3.2.2 (2009-09-22): Removed quest from item.
- Patch 1.3.0 (07-Mar-2005): Added.