- One's spirit can be focused to a point more deadly than the sharpest blade. — Tome of Divine Right (TCG)
Focused Will is a passive priest ability learned at level 30 for those with the Discipline specialization. After receiving a critical hit or a hit that damages greater than 10% of total health, it will lower the damage you take from subsequent hits.
- It is a huge help in keeping melee classes from making short work of a priest.
- Patch 5.1.0 (27-Nov-2012): Discipline Priests can once again learn Focused Will. This ability is obtained at level 30.
- Patch 4.0.6 (8-Feb-2011): Focused Will now procs when the priest is critically hit, in addition to its current effect.; Focused Will rank 1 and 2 tooltips are now consistent with the amount of damage reduced.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Focused Will (Discipline): Now increases healing effects on you by 3/4/5%, down from 4/7/10%.
- Patch 2.4.0 (25-Mar-2008): Focused Will now reduces damage by 2/3/4%, up from 1/3/5%.
- Patch 2.3.0 (13-Nov-2007): Added.