|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft after the Warlords of Draenor opened the Dark Portal.
Flametongue Weapon is a core shaman ability learned at level 10. It is a temporary weapon enhancement that does fire damage and increases spell damage for 60 minutes.
Modified by Edit
- Flametongue Weapon gives a straight buff to spell damage, plus extra Fire damage per melee hit. In addition, Enhancement Shamans can learn , which increases damage by 40% if the off-hand weapon is enchanted with Flametongue Weapon.
- While Flametongue is useless against foes with high Fire resistance, it is not halted by those with high armour.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 4.3.0 (29-Nov-2011): Flametongue Weapon no longer increases spell damage. It now increases all non-physical damage done by the wielder by 5%.
- Patch 4.0.6 (8-Feb-2011): Flametongue Weapon procs now deal roughly 20% less damage.; Flametongue Weapon damage now scales from attack power instead of spell power (for Enhancement shaman only).
- Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): Fixed tooltip error.
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Bonus damage from spell power now based on weapon speed. Slower weapons will benefit more from spell power. Note this bonus damage refers to the additional melee Fire damage per hit, not the increased spell damage, which is a flat amount.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Now has a passive spell damage.
- Patch 2.4.0 (25-Mar-2008): Having different ranks of this enchantment cast on two different weapons will no longer cause the enchantments to trigger multiple times per swing.
- Patch 2.1.0 (22-May-2007): This effect will no longer trigger while you are disarmed.
- Patch 1.11.1 (28-Jun-2006): Frostbrand and Flametongue weapon buffs are benefited by +spell damage.
- Patch 1.11.0 (20-Jun-2006): Mana cost has been reduced.