|Casting time||Instant cast|
|Cooldown||6 sec (GCD 1.5 sec)|
Flame Shock is a core shaman ability learned at level 12. It is one of the shock spells available to shamans. This is considered the most mana-efficient shock, owing to the higher total damage when the DoT is added. Because the DoT component now critically strikes without a glyph any shaman can increase the effectiveness of this spell through Spell crit.
Modified by Edit
- Elemental abilities
- Enhancement abilities
- Restoration abilities
- It has a 6-second cooldown shared with other shocks, which makes all the shocks unusable for 6 seconds.
- Since patch 3.3.3 The DoT portion can crit without its respective Glyph, and it is affected by haste.
- Refreshing the DoT may cause you to lose a few periodic damage ticks.
- Like all DoT spells, Flame Shock can be used to prevent rogues from stealthing during combat.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 6.2.3 (17-Oct-2015): Damage has been increased by 4%.
- Patch 5.2.0 (5-Mar-2013): Flame Shock's duration has been increased by 25%.
- Patch 3.3.3 (2010-03-23): The damage-over-time component of this ability can now produce critical strikes and is affected by spell haste.
- Patch 3.2.2 (2009-09-22): The duration of all ranks has been increased by 6 seconds.
- Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): All Shocks now have a default range of 25 yards, up from 20 yards.
- Patch 1.11.0 (20-Jun-2006): Damage over time portion of all ranks slightly increased. Mana cost of ranks 3 through 5 decreased.