|Casting time||Instant cast|
|Cooldown||4.5 sec (GCD 1.5 sec)|
Fire Nova is a shaman ability learned at level 44 for those with the Enhancement specialization. It is an AoE attack, using any existing effects on nearby targets to trigger a flame wave effect from each affected enemy. The flames strike all enemies within 10 yards.
Modified by Edit
- Enhancement abilities
- Highly useful in raid situations involving lots of trash mobs, especially paired with other area of effect/multi-target abilities.
- In boss fights when using more long-term totems, Fire Nova can still be used to pull out some extra damage. It not as mana-efficient, however, and may best be used when the shaman has been knocked back or is otherwise unable to deal steady damage the typical way.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 6.0.2 (14-October-2014): Fire Nova now has a cooldown of 4.5 second (up from 4.0 seconds).
- Patch 5.4.0 (10-Sep-2013) Fire Nova's damage has been increased by 83%.
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): Fire Nova damage has been increased by 15%.
- Patch 4.1.0 (26-Apr-2011): Fire Nova has been redesigned and decoupled from shaman Fire totems. Instead, it now pulses the Fire Nova effect from each target that is afflicted by the shaman's own Flame Shock debuff. It now damages all enemies except the target hit by Flame Shock. The ability's cooldown has been reduced to 4 seconds, down from 10.
- Patch 3.3.0 (08-Dec-2009): Replaced .