Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Field Repair Bot 74A is an Engineer-created robot that can be deployed anywhere. The item is consumed upon use. It essentially functions as a merchant with a repair ability: it can both completely repair gear and purchase items from players. It also sells minor Engineering components. It lasts for 10 minutes and there is a 10 minute cooldown on the robot so you can only deploy one at a time.
It was considered to be one of the most important engineering items in the game, especially useful for repairing entire raid groups without having to leave a dungeon.
Field Repair Bot 74A is crafted by Engineers with a skill level of 300.
The schematic can be found on the floor near in Blackrock Depths. Only engineers with 300 skill may learn the schematic after clicking on the item. Characters with a high enough level will be able to read the item without aggroing the boss.
Field Repair Bot 74A as an ingredient Edit
Trading card EditThis section concerns content exclusive to the World of Warcraft TCG, and thus is not necessarily canon.
It appears in the TCG expansion Through the Dark Portal and has the following on its card:
- Set: Dark Portal
- Type: Ally - Unique
- Cost: 1
- ATK/Health: 0/2
- Race: Repair Bot
- Artist: Clint Langley
- Text: Friendly heroes have "(1), Put an equipment card from your graveyard into your hand."
- Flavor: "Successful raiders never leave home without it."
- Card #: 243
- Instances introduced in later expansions have often featured shorter distances to repair vendors, making repair bots less vital. They are still a high value convenience item, as simply leaving to repair and return can take 5–10 minutes of a raid's time under optimal conditions.
- This particular repair bot is the first generation of such items, and has since been eclipsed by versions made available with later expansions like the from Patch 2.3 and from Wrath of the Lich King.
See also Edit
- Repair bot - for a lineup of the various repair bots known, and some history behind them.
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): Fixed a typo in the tooltip for the Field Repair Bot 74A.
- Patch 1.3.0 (07-Mar-2005): Added.