|Title|| The Hunter|
|Character class||Hunter, Raider|
|Affiliation|| Frostwolf clan (Formerly)|
Iron Horde (Alternate timeline)
|Position||Chieftain of the Thunderlord clan|
|Location|| Unknown (Original timeline)|
Wor'gol, Frostfire Ridge;
Hall of the Great Hunt, Frostfire Ridge (Alternate timeline)
|Status|| Unknown (Original timeline)|
Deceased (Alternate timeline)
|Relative(s)|| Geyah & Garad (parents)|
Ga'nar & Durotan (brothers)
Draka (sister-in-law)Hatock, Grotan, & Skal (sons)
Fenris Wolfbrother (also known as Fenris the Hunter) was chieftain of the Thunderlord clan, and leader of the few remaining wolfriders in Draenor. In the alternate timeline, he is nicknamed The Iron Wolf and served in the Iron Horde.
Before Draenor's destruction, Fenris was the oldest son of Geyah & Garad, chieftain of the Frostwolf clan. He was supposed to inherit the title of chieftain from his father, however, sometime during his youth, he deserted the clan and disappeared. Fenris ended up joining the Thunderlord clan and ultimately became the clan's chieftain, earning the title "The Hunter".
Beyond the Dark PortalEditThis section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft novels or short stories.
When Ner'zhul chose to reforge the Horde after Doomhammer's defeat on Azeroth, Fenris pledged his Thunderlords to the cause. Fenris accompanied Teron Gorefiend to Blackrock Mountain in Azeroth. Teron then sent Fenris and Tagar Spinebreaker to the Broken Isles. Newly aided with Deathwing, the two orc chieftains were transported to Menethil Harbor by Sabellian. Later on, Fenris accompanied Tagar Spinebreaker on a swift mission to the Tomb of Sargeras, where they slew a demon and claimed the Jeweled Scepter of Sargeras. Fenris gave the scepter to Ner'zhul and fell back into line fighting for the reforged Horde.
World of WarcraftEdit
Warlords of DraenorEditThis section concerns content exclusive to Warlords of Draenor.
In the alternate timeline on Draenor, Fenris and the Thunderlord Orcs were invited by Grommash Hellscream to join the Iron Horde. Fenris and his clan accepted Hellscream's offer, but when his father Garad and the Frostwolf clan refused, he was ordered by Grom to kill him. After killing his father, his younger brother Durotan took the mantle as chieftain of the Frostwolf clan.
When the Thunderlord clan prepared to attack the Frostwolf orcs by using cannons supplied by the Iron Horde to devastating effect, Ga'nar leads a raid on the Thunderlords, killing his sons Hatock, Grotan, & Skal in the process. After being pursued by Lokra and Asha, he is later confronted by his two brothers in The Thunder's Hall. Here, he reveals himself, as the two of them had been unaware that the Iron Wolf was their brother. Claiming that he always knew they would reunite one day, he enters the fray along with his rylak, Chilltongue, and is killed.
Related to Garm WolfbrotherEdit
In the novel Beyond the Dark Portal, Fenris' given name is "Wolfbrother". Another Wolfbrother, Garm, was the last of the Thunderlord chieftains, and is thus presumed as Fenris' successor. It's possible that Fenris and Garm were father and son, or brothers.
Warlords of DraenorEdit
- Zhakta slain
- ZHAKTA NO! ...you will be avenged!
- Korhol slain
- Dammit all. Gargrak, go now... Kill the blind shaman.
- Trokar slain
- Bring me that <race> <class>'s head!
- 15 Thunderlords slain
- Call in all reinforcements. I want the She-Wolf taken alive.
- You are fierce, pup, but your attachments make you weak!
- Free yourself of weakness, or be swept away by the Iron Tide!
The Iron WolfEdit
- Ahh, the brothers Frostwolf. I knew we would reunite on the battlefield someday.
- Or don't you recognize your eldest brother?
- Chilltongue - devour them!
- The Iron Horde is all the family I need.
- A small chieftain of an insignificant clan. I saw what father didn't - that we could be so much more.
- Reinforcements, slay the Frostwolf pups!
- Stinking animals, all of you! Sleeping with your dogs.
- Orcs are meant to be masters of beasts, masters of all!
- Animals... Your clan is finished... The Iron Horde already comes...
In the original timeline, Fenris was described as the opposite of Tagar Spinebreaker. He is also described to be intelligent and even willing to acknowledge his fears facing a danger that can overtake. It is not lacking in courage. He first considered the war fury like a curse but face the demon of the Tomb of Sargeras. He and his clan are sensitive to the grandiose architectural structures such as the Tomb of Sargeras unlike Bonechewer clan.
- Fenrir (also known as Fenrisúlfr) is the name for the fearsome giant wolf of Norse mythology, fated to break free from his chains on the coming of Ragnarok and eat Odin.
| Preceded by:|
Chieftain of the Thunderlord Clan
| Succeeded by:|