- Item Level
- Binds when picked up
- Main Hand
- Speed 2.60
- 648 - 1205 Damage
- (356.47 damage per second)
- +219 Intellect
- +146 Haste
+1253 Spell Power
- Fire Artifact Relic Slot
Arcane Artifact Relic Slot
- Equip: You periodically accumulate Flame Orbs. Flame Orbs cause your Pyroblast to be replaced by Phoenix's Flame.
- ""...not elven weapons. Not when they are reforged with magic, and hatred, and a burning need for revenge. No, Arthas. Felo'melorn is stronger than ever-as am I." - Kael'thas Sunstrider"
What better weapon for a fire mage to wield than the sword Felo'melorn, known as “flamestrike” in elven language? A weapon with a proven history that will prove invaluable in the fight to come.
In past lore Edit
Background EditThis section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft novels or short stories.
Felo'melorn, Flamestrike in common, is an ancient Highborne runeblade once wielded by Dath'Remar Sunstrider, even before the War of the Ancients. It is rumored to have once been his favored weapon, and over many generations was passed down through the Sunstrider dynasty. During the Third War, Anasterian Sunstrider wielded the sword in battle against Arthas Menethil, but Frostmourne severed the blade and he was defeated. Later, Kael'thas Sunstrider, last of the Sunstrider line, recovered it and had it reforged, "with magic, hatred and a burning need of revenge."
It was last seen when Arthas engaged Kael in a duel during the final battle between the Lich King's Scourge led by Arthas Menethil, and Kil'jaeden's agents led by Illidan Stormrage. Kael boasted that unlike human blades, which weakened when repaired, elven blades grew stronger when remade; this proved true, much to Arthas's surprise, when the runeblade was able to parry Frostmourne without failing. Though Kael ultimately fled with the sword, likely carrying it to Outland, its current fate is unknown.
Appearance EditThis section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft RPG, and thus unlikely to be canon.
Flamestrike is a large double-edged warblade, etched with elven runes of power.
Powers EditThis section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft RPG, and thus unlikely to be canon.
In Manual of Monsters, Flamestrike grants its wielder an increased chance to hit, increased damage, and an increased chance of scoring a critical hit. It adds fire damage to every attack (more so on a critical hit) and also allows its wielder to cast the flame strike spell five times per day.
- Felo'melorn was first mentioned in the Manual of Monsters as only Flamestrike, and then expanded upon in Arthas: Rise of the Lich King.
- It is not part of Kael'thas's loot table in either the Eye or Magisters' Terrace.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 7.0.1 (The date "Alpha" was not understood.The date "Alpha" was not understood.): Added.