Summon Felguard is a warlock ability learned at level 42 for those with the Demonology specialization. It is a minion unique to Demonology, under complete control of the warlock.
- : ranged stun
- : AoE damage attack over time
- : basic attack, spread amongst all targets; primary target receives a healing reduction debuff
- : charge plus damage component and movement speed increase
- : aggro generator
Modified by Edit
- Demonology abilities
The felguard is highly useful for both soloing and group situations. When soloing, it is capable of superior aggro holding over the voidwalker due to both a taunt and very high DPS. It does lack an AoE taunt though its Legion Strike can make up for this somewhat. It also lacks the voidwalker's self heal, which can mean increased downtime. In group situations, it offers a hefty DPS increase, however its Legion Strike should be turned off to prevent breaking CC.
The voiceovers for the felguard were originally recorded by Blizzard for the doomguard, a warlock summon that is hostile to the warlock until enslaved, and again once the enslave breaks. The voiceovers make more sense when this is taken into account, especially the spell cast voiceovers, where the felguard appears to be threatening the warlock with death repeatedly. This would also explain the quote "What happened to your friend?", as summoning a doomguard used to kill a random party member.
Another explanation is that since the felguard is a more powerful demon than the others, it might have resisted being dominated by the warlock's will, and is being forced solely by 'physical' enslavement to serve his orders.
- Voiceovers when summoned:
- "Who dares summon me?!"
- "You cannot command me."
- "What happened to your friend?"
- "Do not waste my time, lesser creature."
- Voiceovers when given a command:
- "A paltry task."
- "Too pathetic to fight your own battles?"
- "A welcome diversion."
- "Your fate will be the same."
- "Your time is running out."
- "Enjoy this while you can."
- "I will enjoy watching you die."
- "You waste my time."
- Voiceovers when dismissed:
- "Do not call on me again."
- "You live...for now."
- "Summon me again at your peril."
- "I'll be back."
- Funny voiceover:
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 6.2.0 (23-Jun-2015): Some Warlock pets received a visual upgrade and are now using higher-fidelity models.
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): Demonic Frenzy, Anguish, Cleave removed. Felstorm, Axe Toss, Legion Strike added. Intercept renamed Pursuit, reworked. No longer stuns target, instead increases Felguard's movement speed by 30% for 6 seconds.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Health increased by 10%.
- Patch 2.1.0 (22-May-2007): This pet will periodically check to see if you know the talent which allows you to summon it, and die if you do not know the talent.
- Patch 2.0.3 (09-Jan-2007): Melee damage of "Felguard" has been reduced.; Warlock pet "Felguard" will now use the appropriate sounds.