Fear Ward is a priest ability learned at level 54. This spell renders the target immune to one fear effect. The buff lasts 3 minutes, has a 3 minute cooldown to recast, and is considered a magic effect. The buff is consumed even if the character is already immune to fear.
Modified by Edit
- This buff can be dispelled by priests, shamans, hunters, and warlocks with felhunters. It can be stolen by a mage using Spellsteal.
- Due to the fact it is instant cast, the priest can learn to time it against an enemy fear to reduce the chance it is dispelled. The warlock's Fear has cast time, and the priest's Psychic Scream has a radius of only 8 yards.
- This spell had traditionally caused contention between the Alliance and Horde communities due to the fact that it was not available to Horde.
Patch changes Edit
- Hotfix (2009-04-23): "Fear Ward will now properly be consumed whether a player is sitting or standing. "
- Patch 2.4.2 (2008-05-13): Fear Ward will no longer be consumed while under the effects of cyclone.
- Patch 2.4.0 (25-Mar-2008): Fear Ward is now usable while in Shadowform.
- Patch 2.3.0 (13-Nov-2007): Fear Ward is now available to all priests at level 20. Duration reduced to 3 minutes, cooldown increased to 3 minutes. (Old - only draenei and dwarves, duration of 10 minutes, cooldown of 30 seconds)