|The subject of this article or section did not make it out of the beta stages of World of Warcraft or its expansions.
Epicus Maximus, the Paragon of Epicosity, could be found circling the Maelstrom in front of and .
The party is composed of:
- shark equipped with two rockets and a laser beam. , a level 90 elite flying
- , a level 60 rare elite devilsaur. He rides on Epicus Maximus's back.
- , a level 85 elite Forsaken with the . He rides on And a Dinosaur's back.
The shark-dinosaur-Forsaken appeared in the Maelstrom after hearing that players considered the area not epic enough.
The trio has been removed the next patch, but is making a comeback in the Uldum zone, where a projector used to subjugate some cursed engineers will sometimes display the trio with an epic background music.
- The Epicus Maximus trio could be inspired by the German Die Bremer Stadtmusikanten, the Bremen town musicians who are standing on top of each other.
- The shark is a reference to the famous Austin Powers movies. Scott had a special surprise for his father, Dr. Evil, which turned out to be "sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads".