Entangling Roots is a druid ability learned at level 10.
Modified by Edit
- Restoration abilities
Tips and tactics Edit
- Use this spell if you need to run away from something. The enemy may still be able to hit you with ranged attacks, but otherwise, it can't move to attack you.
- Consider using if you use this spell to run very often.
- Invaluable in PvP against Warriors, Rogues, Hunters, and Shamans.
- Use it for crowd control in an instance, if needed.
- Entangling Roots' cast time may be made instant with .
- One of the few crowd control spells not subject to creature type restrictions (humanoid, beast, demon, etc.). It is, however, unreliable. Any creature that is immune to nature spells, as is common among elementals, is immune to Entangling Roots.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 4.2.0 (2011-06-28): No longer causes damage.
- Patch 4.0.6 (8-Feb-2011): Entangling Roots now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): When determining if a new Entangling Roots should overwrite an old one, and will now calculate the correct damage modifiers for the creature type of the target.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Entangling roots is now usable indoors.
- Patch 2.3.0 (13-Nov-2007): It is no longer possible for multiple Druids to have Entangling Roots on the same target. In addition, it will now always be removed correctly if multiple Druids overwrite each other’s Entangling Roots.; This ability will no longer be overwritten when the new Entangling Roots would do less damage.
- / Patch 2.0.1 (05-Dec-2006): All crowd control effects have a chance each second to break earlier, and their duration is capped at 12 seconds in PvP. The chance increases with resistances and the level difference between the target and the caster.
- Patch 1.7.0 (13-Sep-2005): Entangling Roots now shares the same duration in pvp as other long-duration forms of crowd control (ie: polymorph, fear, sap).
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): Now subject to diminishing returns in PvP. This is considered an immobilizing effect.
- Patch 1.2.0 (18-Dec-2004): Entangling Roots: Rank 4 moved to level 38.