|Cooldown||(GCD 1.5 sec)|
- Trust me, he's better off this way. — Radak Doombringer (TCG)
Enslave Demon is a core warlock ability learned at level 31. It allows warlocks to temporarily gain control of a demon type creature. The spell can be used to control various mobs, and is required to control specific demons summoned by the warlock. Only one demon can be controlled at any one time, and any currently summoned pet will be dismissed upon casting (even if the target resists).
You can manually release enslaved demons by attempting to summon one of your normal demons, such as the imp. The enslaved demon will be freed as soon as you begin casting. The demon can also be released by right clicking on its character portrait and clicking "Dismiss". Please note this just frees it, it does not 'de-summon' it like your regular minions. You will still have to fight it.
In dungeon situations, it is considered good etiquette to release your enslaved demon between fights, warning your party beforehand. This will prevent it from freeing itself during the next fight and becoming an additional hostile mob.
Like Mind Control, Enslaving generates a large amount of hate towards the caster. It's a good idea to set your new pet to Stay and put some distance between you and it if you're going to manually release it. The demon will be dismissed but you will be far enough from it for it to simply despawn without attacking you. Another way is to dismiss it, banish it, and then run away.
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Spell haste penalty reduced by 10%, Melee haste penalty reduced by 10%.
- Patch 2.1.0 (22-May-2007): The health bar and mana bar for enslaved demons will no longer appear to go down when they become enslaved. Soul Link will now work with enslaved demons. Demonic Knowledge will now work with enslaved demons.
- Patch 1.3.0 (07-Mar-2005): No longer dispellable.
- Patch 1.2.0 (18-Dec-2004): Can no longer be cast on tapped targets.