Ellen Stanbridge is a human member of the Argent Dawn and was taken prisoner by the Scarlet Crusade in the Scarlet Enclave. When the death knights of Acherus invaded the Enclave, the prisoners traded owners.
Human death knights have a chance to execute Stanbridge, who was a friend from your past in Elwynn, before you were turned into a death knight. In the quest  , you are ordered to kill her. Before you do, she attempts to convince you to change your mind. However, she accepts death so that you would not be killed too as a result of your failure to follow orders.
- Come to finish the job, have you?
- I'd like to stand for.....
- <Name>, I'd recognize that face anywhere.... What..... What have they done to you, <Name>?
- You don't remember me, do you? Blasted Scourge.... They've tried to drain you of everything that made you a righteous force of reckoning. Every last ounce of good... Everything that made you a human!
- Think, <Name>. Think back. Try and remember the hills and valleys of Elwynn, where you were born. Remember the splendor of life, <brother/sister>. You were a champion of the Alliance once! This isn't you.
- Listen to me, <Name>. You must fight against the Lich King's control. He is a monster that wants to see this world - our world - in ruin. Don't let him use you to accomplish his goals. You were once a hero and you can be again. Fight, damn you! Fight his control!
At this point, Knight Commander Plaguefist yells: What's going on in there? What's taking so long, <Name>?
- There... There's no more time for me. I'm done for. Finish me off, <Name>. Do it or they'll kill us both. <Name> ... Remember Elwynn. This world is worth saving...