|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft after the Legion invaded Azeroth.
Eclipse is a passive druid ability learned at level 10 for druids who have chosen the Balance specialization. It is active while the druid is in caster or Moonkin forms.
Eclipse inspires the Druid with the power of the moon and the sun, causing the damage of Lunar and Solar spells to be increased by up to 30% based on how close Balance Energy levels are to the appropriate side.
- Example: With 0 Balance Energy, the damage bonus is evenly split between Lunar and Solar, and the Druid receives a 15% increase to damage for both spell types. With 80 Solar Energy, the Druid receives a 27% damage increase to Solar spells and a 3% damage increase to Lunar spells.
Modified by Edit
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 7.0.1 (Alpha): Removed and replaced by Astral Power.
- Patch 6.0.2 (14-October-2014): Eclipse has been redesigned.
- Patch 5.4.0 (10-Sep-2013) Eclipse now energizes the Druid for 50% of their maximum mana when triggered, up from 35%.
- Patch 5.0.4 (28-August-2012): Updated.
- Patch 4.1.0 (26-Apr-2011): The direction of the Eclipse bar now resets after the druid dies and resurrects.
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): An Eclipse Bar has now been added and the mechanic has been reworked.
- Patch 3.3.3 (2010-03-23): (Undocumented changes) The two buffs granted by the Eclipse talent are now named more clearly. [Wrath] procs Eclipse (Lunar) and [Starfire] procs Eclipse (Solar). Previously, they were both named just "Eclipse".
- Patch 3.3.0 (08-Dec-2009): This effect will not activate again within 15 seconds of either type of Eclipse effect firing, in addition to the existing 30-second cooldown for each type of Eclipse. In addition, Eclipse now grants a 40% critical strike chance to Starfire and 40% increased damage to Wrath, up from 30%.
- Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): The Starfire and Wrath buffs from this talent are now on separate 30 second. cooldowns. In addition, it is not possible to have both buffs active simultaneously.
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): The benefit to Wrath triggered by casting Starfire has been increased to 30% bonus damage.
- Patch 3.0.3 (04-Nov-2008): Buff duration extended to 15 sec and bonuses doubled. The cooldown has been increased to 40 seconds.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Added.