- Normal: Move off rumbling ground to avoid Earth Spikes. Healer should watch the health of Flame Bolt targets. When Ptah disperses, drag adds to the center for AE/tanking. Avoid Quicksand spots during dispersion phase. Once he reforms, kill him.
- Heroic: Avoid the Sand Vortex during the dispersion phase. AE heals during Flame Bolt can be efficient, since it targets 3 players instead of 2 now.
- 45 yd range—A rock spike erupts from the ground, dealing 15000 Nature damage and knocking up enemy targets within 3 yards
- —Periodically launches flame bolts in the air, dealing 9000 damage
- —Inflicts 150% of normal melee damage to an enemy and its nearest allies, affecting up to 3 targets. Next melee
Melee dps should not stand near the tank to avoid Raging Smash.
At 50%, Ptah falls apart, and about 6 non-elite Jeweled Scarab and 2 elite Dustbone Horror appear. Everyone should stack on the tank and AOE them down. The tank should focus on the Dustbone Horrors. Everyone should watch for Quicksand, and run out if it appears under them. After all the adds are killed or after a set time, Ptah reappears. This is perhaps the most simple boss in the instance and should be easily defeated barring incidents like disconnects or the like.
There isn't any significant difference to the heroic version, there are more and stronger adds, but the mechanics remain the same.
- More carrion for the swarm...
- Ptah... is... no more...
|How2 ~ Halls of Origination - Earthrager Ptah [WoW] by StupidOctopus on YouTube|
- This boss's name is taken from the Egyptian God of Creation's name, Ptah.