Little is known about the earth giants of Draenor (presumably "grom" in Orcish), other than the facts that they lived on the world of Draenor, they had two eyes, and their skeleton is human-like but very large.
Temple of the Damned EditThis section concerns content exclusive to Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness.
In Warcraft II, the Temple of the Damned structure was said to be "formed from petrified carcasses of the race of giants that inhabited the Orcish homeworld." These structures would later be used by the Scourge and the Forsaken in the Undercity.
Warcraft Magazine Edit
In the Warcraft RPG EditThis section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft RPG, and thus unlikely to be canon.
The Horde Player's Guide says that "ogres were one of the last races of Draenor's giants." This is implying that there has been more than one race of giants that have lived on Draenor, which was later confirmed.
- They are likely referred to as "grom" in Orcish, which sounds similar to "gronn". This comes from the shared root word of both Grombolar, or "bowels of the giant" and Grommash, or "giant's heart".
- Despite the further usage of the Temples of the Damned by the Scourge and the Forsaken, the actual bones likely were not continued to be used. The fifth issue of the Warcraft magazine states that all of the Temples of the Damned were destroyed, making the comment that the Scourge "reclaimed this powerful edifice" either not literal, or with much more repairs done than implied.
- Azerothian earth giants of titan decent known as the Vanir were mentioned by the Tribunal of Ages; it is unknown if they are related to Draenor's now-extinct earth giants.
- They may be the source of the pair of eyes that some ogres have.
- ^ See speculation section.
- ^ a b Blizzard Entertainment. Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness Manual, 84.
- ^ a b Blizzard Entertainment. Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos Manual, 106.
- ^ Blizzard Entertainment. World of Warcraft manual, 189.
- ^ a b World of Warcraft: The Magazine Volume 2 Issue 1
- ^ Bennie, Scott; Richard Farrese, Bob Fitch. Horde Player's Guide, 154-156. ISBN 9781588467720.
- ^ Text on the Monument to Grom Hellscream
See also Edit