|Cooldown||(GCD 1.5 sec)|
Earth Shield is a shaman ability learned at level 26 for those with the Restoration specialization. It allows shamans to place a shield on themselves or a friendly target; the shield increases the effectiveness of the shaman's heals on that target, and any attack on the target will proc a heal.
- In PvE, Earth Shield's primary use is as a highly mana efficient long-duration heal over time on the tank. It is by far the most mana efficient single target healing spell, and its reactive nature minimizes overhealing.
- Generally Earth Shield should be on the tank in group situations, although other occasions may call for it to be placed on a caster who is being interrupted.
- Even if taking damage in a group, it is advisable that Earthen Shield not be used on the shaman. is more often preferable due to the mana regeneration.
- Earth Shield is also great in PvP situations as it greatly increases the shaman's survivability.
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 6.0.2 (14-October-2014): Multiple Earth Shields can now be applied to the same target.
- Patch 4.1.0 (26-Apr-2011): Earth Shield healing done by Restoration shaman has been reduced by 20%.
- Patch 4.0.6 (8-Feb-2011): Can no longer be dispelled.
- / Patch 4.0.1 (12-Oct-2010): Now a primary spell of Restoration shamans instead of a talent.
- Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): Dispel effects will now remove charges of Earth Shield rather than the entire aura.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Now correctly uses the Shaman’s own spell critical strike chance to determine the chance of a critical heal.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Earth Shield threat is now added to the healer. Previously the threat was added to the target being healed.
- Patch 2.4.0 (25-Mar-2008): Number of charges reduced from 10 to 6. Mana cost reduced by 50%.
- Patch 2.3.0 (13-Nov-2007): This spell will now always be removed correctly if multiple Shaman overwrite each other’s Earth Shield.; This ability will no longer be overwritten when the new Earth Shield would do less healing.
- Patch 2.1.0 (22-May-2007): Adjusted the tooltip to indicate this ability works against all types of attacks, not just melee. This ability will also now properly trigger only from taking direct damage effects.
- Patch 2.0.3 (09-Jan-2007): The shaman abilities "Water Shield" and "Earth Shield" can no longer be over written by lower ranks.
- / Patch 2.0.1 (05-Dec-2006): Added.