|Cooldown||2 min (GCD 1.5 sec)|
Dispersion is a priest ability learned at level 60 for those with the Shadow specialization. Dispersion protects the priest by reducing damage taken by 90% for six sec. Dispersion can be cast while stunned, feared or silenced, which makes it very useful in PvP as well.
It can be used to soak large (AoE) hits that would kill even a well-geared tank.
- Since Dispersion is a physical ability it cannot be dispelled.
Modified by Edit
Patch changes Edit
- Patch 6.0.2 (14-October-2014): Dispersion and Vampiric Touch no longer restores mana.
- Patch 5.2.0 (5-Mar-2013): Dispersion now belongs to the Shadow spell school.
- Patch 4.0.6 (8-Feb-2011): Dispersion should no longer allow priests to become permanently invisible when mounting.; Dispersion correctly reduces the damage dealt by Deep Wounds and Piercing Shots.
- Patch 3.2.0 (04-Aug-2009): Cooldown reduced to 2 minutes, down from 3 minutes.
- Patch 3.1.0 (14-Apr-2009): Now clears all snare and movement impairing effects and makes you immune to them while dispersed.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): This ability can no longer be cast while affected by Cyclone; doing so consumed the cooldown to no effect.
- / Patch 3.0.2 (14-Oct-2008): Added.