Disorient, previously called Confusion or Knockout, is an incapacitating crowd control effect which prevents the target from taking any action for a certain period of time. Disorient effects cause the target to wander about in a confused fashion for the duration of the effect. This makes disorient effects different from sleep and other incapacitate effects, in which the targets don't move. Different from Stun, Disorient effects break on damage.
Examples of disorient effects:
- Rogue: Blind
- Hunter: Scatter Shot (Talent)
- Mage: Dragon's Breath (Talent)
- Warlock: Howl of terror (Talent)
- Ways to remove Disorient effects:
Patch Changes Edit
- Patch 1.9.0 (03-Jan-2006): All Confusion effects have been renamed Disorient effects. This includes Blind, Scatter Shot, etc.
- Patch 1.8.0 (10-Oct-2005): The "Knockout" mechanic has been renamed "Disorient" and all tooltips that referenced this mechanic should be updated.